As a mother, how far would you go to protect your child’s life? For a Meriden, Connecticut woman, it meant sacrificing her own in order to save her daughter’s.
According to NBC Connecticut News, on Friday night, Dania Cedeno-Delrosario was fatally hit by a car while she tried to push her seven-year-old daughter Denisse out of the way of the vehicle. Cedeno-Delrosario was transported to the hospital where she died on Saturday. Denisse, who was also struck, was taken to Hartford Hospital and treated for minor injuries. She was released on Saturday.
Denisse described to WFSB News the impact of the car and her mother’s reaction to it, saying, “It pushed both of us and it pushed her very hard. So I wouldn’t get hurt.”
Cedeno-Delrosario came to Connecticut two years ago from the Dominican Republican in search of a better life for her family, WFSB News noted. She also worked both a day job as a travel agent, and a night job caring for the elderly.
The local police told the press that the mother and daughter were trying to cross the street when they were hit by a dark-colored vehicle that fled the scene. Detectives say that the car left behind evidence including a piece of the driver’s side mirror tracing it to a dark-colored Nissan, however they are unclear of the vehicle model.
Officers are asking Meriden residents to be on the lookout for anyone with a dark car with heavy front and back-end damage that is missing a side mirror.
“Somebody saw something and any little tip may be the tip that solves this case,” Sgt. Stanely Zajac told NBC.
NBC says that the family is asking for privacy as they grieve their lost one, but they are pleading for justice hoping that the driver is found.
“[Denisse] has wonderful family support and it’s that family support that’s going to get her through this,” Zajac stressed.
We send our deepest condolences to the Cedeno-Delrosario family.
Anyone with information is asked to call Meriden police at (203) 630-6215.
RIP: Season Two ‘American Idol’ Alum Killed By Drunk Driver In Car Accident
Evening Minute: Former NFL Running Back Zurlon Tipton Dies In Accidental Shooting
Evening Minute: Cop ‘Accidentally’ Shot Charles Kinsey Trying To Protect Him, Police Union Leader Says
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore Conditioner
1 of 25
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style Milk
2 of 25
3. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo
3 of 25
4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade
4 of 25
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In Moisturizer
5 of 25
6. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner
6 of 25
7. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Organix
7 of 25
8. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
8 of 25
9. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel
9 of 25
10. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Beautiful Textures
10 of 25
11. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter
Source:courtesy of Moisture Butter
11 of 25
12. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Ojon
12 of 25
13. Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner
Source:courtesy of Ojon
13 of 25
14. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray
14 of 25
15. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel
Source:courtesy of Ouidad
15 of 25
16. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel
16 of 25
17. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper
Source:Curly Hair Solutions
17 of 25
18. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite
18 of 25
19. Moroccanoil Hydrating Shampoo
19 of 25
20. Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner
20 of 25
21. Moroccanoil Hair Treatment
21 of 25
22. Yarok Hair
22 of 25
23. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
23 of 25
24. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry Skin
Source:Jane Carter Solution
24 of 25
25. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Conditioner
25 of 25