From epic side-eyes and sarcastic comments to a simple twirl of her golden locks, Mariah Carey is the queen of shade. And no one is exempt from the glittery one’s diva antics.
We saw her go head-to-wig with Nicki Minaj on “American Idol” and watched her use her shady Prada boots to stomp all over legends like Celine Dion.
Between her classy shade moments to her more brutal dagger throws (like the time she scolded her team for moving her mic stand), Mimi doesn’t miss a shady beat.
With a new docu-series on the way, “Mariah’s World,” we’re reliving some of her shadiest moments.
9. That time she shaded Christina Aguilera because being shady is fun.
8. That time she held a seminar of shade under a patch of palm trees for Ariana Grande
7. This whole damn interview with Whitney Houston on “Oprah”
6. That time she paid Madonna dust
5. The first time she said she didn’t know J. Lo
4. That time one of her backup singers sung the wrong note on “SNL” (2:20 mark)
If looks could kill.
3. That time she shaded Nicki Minaj on Barbara Walters
“I didn’t know she sang, I thought she rapped.”
Oh, and here:
2. That time she came for Celine Dion for singing over Aretha Franklin
1. That time Andy Cohen asked her to say 3 nice things about Eminem and she cleverly responded:
Well played Mariah. Well played.
Or that time she made a whole song “not about him”
And there you have it folks.