While we wait for new music from Frank Ocean the singer, we recently heard from Frank Ocean the activist. Following the horrific tragedy in Paris, France, Donald Trump wasted no time tweeting an insensitive reaction.
“Isn’t it interesting that the tragedy in Paris took place in one of the toughest gun control countries in the world?”
Frank Ocean posted a passionate response on his Tumblr page: “On the real though Donald Trump. How is it ‘interesting’ that these shootings happened in a country that’s tough on guns? Tell us Don?”
He also added, “Because it sounds like that vacuous observation was about giving your NRA-loving constituency a handjob and spinning a tragedy for political gain and I’m thinking maybe using a situation where dozens of innocents have just been murdered in the streets isn’t the best time. No?”
Whoa! Frank Ocean for President!
The singer also took a moment to send his condolences to those affected by the terrorist attacks.
“Love to Paris and any individual or family who’s lost loved ones to evil anywhere in this world. Chill w/ the angles.”
Tragedy In Paris: New Details Emerge As Celebs, Politicians And Activists Express Their Support
UPDATED: More Than 100 Dead In Violent Attacks Across Paris
AM BUZZ: Michelle Obama Gets Real About Sasha & Malia; Frank Ocean Is Back & More
Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
1 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
2 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
3 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
4 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
5 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
6 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
8 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
9 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
10 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
11 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
12 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
13 of 14
14. Pray for Paris.
14 of 14