Uzo Aduba made history at the 2015 Emmys last night, becoming the first actress ever to win both drama and comedy Emmys for playing the same character. For the momentous occasion, she wore a fuchsia Jonathan Cohen hand-painted gown, complimented by luminescent skin and a smoky eye.
“To complement Uzo’s elegant, intricately hand-painted gown, I created a makeup look that embodied the epitome of classic beauty,” explained Janice Kinjo, makeup artist for SheaMoisture Cosmetics. “Long, lush lashes enhanced her subtly smokey eyes and defined brows, while I kept the rest of the makeup extra dewy and natural for a flawless finish.”
Here’s how you can get the look:
1. I started by applying SheaMoisture Sheer Liquid Foundation in Montego Toffee to highlight the under-eye area, T-Zone and bridge of the nose.
3. To set foundation, I used SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Pressed Powder in Yala Golden, focusing on the high parts of the face the lighter foundation was applied.
4. Then, I applied SheaMoisture Perfecting Face Powder Duo in Deep to the contours of the face, setting the deeper-toned foundation.
1. I filled in Uzo’s brows using the two shades and setting wax within SheaMoisture The Perfect Brow Kit in Brown.
2. I then applied SheaMoisture Color Correcting, Contouring and Highlighting Palette in Medium to further shape and define brows.
4. Then, I added a pop of shimmer to the inner corner of the eyes with SheaMoisture Wet/Dry Eyeshadow in Cassandra. Lastly, I coated lashes with SheaMoisture Lengthening Mascara in Black for a fluttery lash look.
1. I first primed lips with a bit of foundation for a truly nude, matte base.
2. Then the ultra-moisturizing and natural nude SheaMoisture Lip Crayon in Calixta was applied to the lips as the finishing touch to this classic, effortless beauty look.