Hellobeautiful Featured Video

Ending a massive, almost week long manhunt, a Maryland man was arrested in Northeast Washington, D.C. late last night and charged in the quadruple murder of a wealthy family and their housekeeper.

Daron Dylon Wint, 34, was arrested about 11 p.m. Thursday by a fugitive task force that included the federal and New York City police. He is expected to appear in D.C. Superior Court this afternoon for arraignment on first-degree murder charges.

Wint was named as a suspect after police traced his DNA to a Domino’s Pizza crust found in the victims’ home the night before police discovered the bodies of 46-year-old Savvas Savopoulos; his 47-year-old wife, Amy Savopoulos; their 10-year-old son, Philip; and housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa, 57, on May 13. Three of the four victims had been stabbed or bludgeoned before a fire was set that destroyed much of the Northwest DC mansion.

Local TV Station Fox 5 reports on the details of the arrest:

Commander Rob Fernandez of the U.S. Marshals Service said members of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force located Wint at a Howard Johnson hotel parking lot on Route 1 in College Park, Maryland.

Wint was a passenger in a white Chevy Cruze vehicle that left the hotel parking lot following a box truck. Authorities tailed the vehicles to Rhode Island Avenue in Northeast D.C. where they were able to block in the vehicles. Multiple people were taken into custody along with Wint.

A federal source tells FOX 5’s Paul Wagner that Wint’s brother was part of the group that was apprehended and he was in the box truck where a large amount of cash was found.

Wint — who moved to the U.S. from Guyana in 2000, is a former Marine and may have worked at some point for Savopoulos’ company, American Iron Works. Wint has a long criminal record including threatening his own family with a gun about 10 years ago, reports The New York Daily News.

The manhunt for Wint went as far as New York City this week, where his longtime girlfriend is said to live.

A police spokesperson confirmed last night that investigators had tracked Wint to Brooklyn on Wednesday night, but they “barely missed him.”

Related Stories:

Not Again! Cop Shoots Two Black Men He Claims Attacked Him With Skateboard

#SayHerName: Nationwide Protests Erupt Over Black Female Victims Of Police Brutality

More from Hello Beautiful