Five infants in the Chicago area are the latest to be hit with measles in the nationwide outbreak.
The babies, all of whom are less than a year old, were susceptible to the virus because they are too young to be vaccinated. The infants were infected in a cluster as a result, and they all attend a KinderCare Learning Center in the Chicago suburbs.
This is important because NBC News now reports that as many as 10 other kids from the same day care center may have been exposed to the measles; health officials are projecting that more will come down with the virus. “We do expect that there will be more cases associated with this daycare,” a rep for the Cook County Department of Public Health said during a news conference.
MUST READ: Is This Flu Season More Dangerous?
Unfortunately, there’s no word on who may have passed the measles along to the babies. “At this time, the source of infection for the children is not known. Health officials have taken extra precautions to limit the spread,” the Illinois Department of Public Health said in a joint statement with the Cook County health department.
For starters, health officials are advising that anyone who works for or attends the day care center that hasn’t been vaccinated for measles stay away from other unvaccinated people for the next three weeks (21 days).
Last week, one Cook County resident had the first case of measles reported in 2015. According to the Centers For Disease Control more than 100 cases have been spawned from the outbreak at Disneyland where infants contracted measles from older, unvaccinated kids.
There’s An Ebola ‘Outbreak’ In Dallas, Texas…Should We Be Worried Now?
HPV Vaccine: Are Black Girls Missing Out?
Why Black People Must Take Vitamin D
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore Conditioner
1 of 25
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style Milk
2 of 25
3. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo
3 of 25
4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade
4 of 25
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In Moisturizer
5 of 25
6. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner
6 of 25
7. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Organix
7 of 25
8. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
8 of 25
9. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel
9 of 25
10. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Beautiful Textures
10 of 25
11. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter
Source:courtesy of Moisture Butter
11 of 25
12. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo
Source:courtesy of Ojon
12 of 25
13. Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner
Source:courtesy of Ojon
13 of 25
14. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray
14 of 25
15. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel
Source:courtesy of Ouidad
15 of 25
16. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel
16 of 25
17. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper
Source:Curly Hair Solutions
17 of 25
18. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite
18 of 25
19. Moroccanoil Hydrating Shampoo
19 of 25
20. Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner
20 of 25
21. Moroccanoil Hair Treatment
21 of 25
22. Yarok Hair
22 of 25
23. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
23 of 25
24. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry Skin
Source:Jane Carter Solution
24 of 25
25. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Conditioner
25 of 25