Dawon Gore, a 13-year veteran of the St. Louis County Police Department is being charged with felony second-degree assault after striking a MetroLink passenger on the hand with his expandable baton after an argument at the Hanley Road station in Clayton this past April. CBS is reporting that there’s a police press release that detailed the investigation was forwarded to prosecutor Bob McCulloch in early May with a recommendation to press charges. This is the same man who demonized a slain Michael Brown and stood behind Darren Wilson upholding the law. In Gore’s incident, no one died and with this felony charge, he could face up to seven years in prison.
Gore has been accused of using excessive force against an unnamed 24-year-old commuter. I don’t want to state the obvious here, but really? This Black man is about to be put in jail for hitting a man with his baton and Darren Wilson kills a kid and gets away with it? Our justice system is beyond corrupt.
According to the court of law in Missouri, a person is guilty of assault in the second degree in Missouri if he:
- attempts to kill another person or causes or attempts to cause serious physical injury to another person while “under the influence of sudden passion arising out of adequate cause”
- attempts to cause or knowingly causes physical injury to another with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument
- recklessly causes serious physical injury to another
- while intoxicated by drugs or alcohol, operates a motor vehicle with criminal negligence and causes physical injury to another
- recklessly causes physical injury to another by discharge of a firearm, or
- causes physical injury to an emergency vehicle operator by operating a motor vehicle in a criminally negligent manner and in violation of traffics laws relating to emergency vehicles.
Assault in the second degree is Class C felony punishable by up to seven years in prison and a fine up to $5,000, or both.
What do you think of this story beauties? Sound off in the comments below.
Solange Knowles' Son Daniel "Julez" Smith, Jr. Walks For Versace During Milan Fashion Week
How To: Give It To Him Like You Mean It
Coi Leray Does The Big Chop And We're In Love
Top Black Women Who Dated Billionaires
Solange Knowles' Son Daniel 'Julez' Smith Jr. Makes Runway Debut At Luar Fashion Show
JT And Solange Knowles Had A Girls Night Out In Milan - See Pics
7 White Male Performers We Thought Were Black Because Of Their Voices
Reesa Teesa's "Who TF Did I Marry?" Story Has TikTok In A Frenzy