Earlier this month, Roland Martin emceed the 45th NAACP Image Awards Nominees Luncheon. He stopped to talk with a few of the nominees and the folks behind the awards for “NewsOne Now.”It’s Reginald Hudlin’s second year producing the show. He explained to Martin why the social is so essential to black entertainment.
Also See: The ’45TH NAACP Image Awards’ Nominees Announced
“Around this time every year, there’s always a level of frustrations because, with all the award shows in Hollywood, so often black talent doesn’t get the acknowledgement it deserves,” said Hudlin. “This year, some folks are getting acknowledged – which is great – but, through the Image Awards, we can celebrate everybody.”
Martin also caught up with actress Niecy Nash, who talked about her nomination for the sitcom “Soul Man.” Nash said the nomination was a first for her and one she welcomed.
“I’ve been here so many times not nominated but I had a little pep in my step this time,” joked Nash.
Check out Martin’s interviews with nominees and the folks behind the Image Awards for “NewsOne Now.”
Be sure to listen to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin, weekdays at 7 a.m. EST and watch at 9 a.m. EST on TV One.
Watch the 45th Annual NAACP Awards LIVE, exclusively on TV One, in a in a two hour special Saturday, February 22 at 9:00 p.m. ET (PT tape-delayed). Before the main event, see the nominees and even more stars grace the red carpet in a one-hour pre-show at 8:00 p.m. ET (PT tape-delayed).
And The Award Goes To: Best Dressed 2014 NAACP Nominees
15 photos Launch gallery
1. 2014 Best Dressed NAACP Nominees
1 of 15
2. Kerry Washington glimmers in a Vivienne Westwood gown.
2 of 15
3. Michael Kors helped Kerry steal our fashion hearts away.
3 of 15
4. A baby bump has never looked more gorgeous!
4 of 15
5. Nia Long reminds us all that 40's are definitely the new 20's. Yowsers!
5 of 15
6. No best dressed list is complete without Mr. GQ himself. Idris does sexy like no other man.
6 of 15
7. Nia remixes the LBD with mesh inserts and we adore it.
7 of 15
8. Being a mom or two has not stopped Nia from bringing the sexy. #HotMama
8 of 15
9. Brandy isn't afraid to show off her legs.
9 of 15
10. Go big or go home! We agree Brandy.
10 of 15
11. No one does fresh vibrant skin like Brandy.
11 of 15
12. Omari Hardwick could wear a potato sack & we'd still swoon!
12 of 15
13. We love Taraji P. Henson and her fun sense of style.
13 of 15
14. We're green with a little envy for this cocktail number.
14 of 15
15. A LBD that reveals no signs of aging for Taraji.
15 of 15
Get a Sneak Peek at the 2014 Image Awards was originally published on newsone.com