Myeisha Essex is in love with all things pop culture, thanks in large part to her hometown. This Los Angeles native has an encyclopedic knowledge of the entertainment industry and she loves a good trivia game. She received her bachelor’s degree in journalism and media studies from Bennett College for Women and her master's from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Her work can be found in Sister 2 Sister, Harlem World Magazine, Clutch and on Essence.com. When she's not keeping up with the news or learning Beyonce's latest dance moves, she enjoys watching stand-up comedy on YouTube! Follow her on Instagram @more_about_me
Well, thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the 12-year-old girl’s dream came true at the Las Vegas stop of the Mrs. Carter World Tour earlier this month. During the show, Queen Bey floated out to the catwalk near Taylon, introduced herself and gave the young girl a big kiss on the cheek. They went on to sing “Love on Top” and Destiny’s Child “Survivor” together.
“I am having so much fun,” Taylon told the camera, dancing in her wheelchair.
According to philanthropy strategist Ivy McGregor, “They found an inoperable tumor on her brain and her dying wish was to dance with Beyonce.”
“Here’s a little girl literally fighting for her life,” she said. “Tomorrow’s not promised, next week’s not promised, but right now, ‘I’m here.’ And her thought that will forever stay with me is, ‘Since I’m here, I might as well live.'”
12. April: Kicks Off The Epic "The Mrs. Carter World Tour"
12 of 30
13. April: Pepsi Max Unveils Global Beyonce Campaign
13 of 30
14. April: H&M Launches Swimsuit Campaign
14 of 30
15. May: Anniversary Trip to Cuba
15 of 30
16. May: One Glass of Wine Shuts Down All Rumors
16 of 30
17. May: Met Gala
17 of 30
18. May: Beyonce Cover British Vogue
18 of 30
19. June: Headlines 'Chime For Change'
19 of 30
20. August: Shatters Instagram With Short 'Do
20 of 30
21. August: Pixie Cut Turns Into A Blunt Bob At V Festival
21 of 30
22. August: Budweiser Made In America Festival Benefiting The United Way
22 of 30
23. September: Watch The Throne! Jay & Bey Top Forbes' Richest Couple List
23 of 30
24. October: The Photobomb That Really Wasn't
24 of 30
25. November: The Quiet Before The Storm
25 of 30
26. December: Bey Ousts Kim As Bings' Most Searched Celeb
26 of 30
27. December: Beyoncé
27 of 30
28. December: Bey Shops It Up At Walmart, Clearly Ignores Target
28 of 30
29. December: Bey Attends Her Visual Album Screening
29 of 30
Continue reading Get Out The Tissues! Beyoncé Makes Terminally Ill Girl’s Last Dying Wish Come True
BOW DOWN: 2013 Was The Year Of Beyonce
Did you know HelloBeautiful is on Instagram? Follow us!
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities:
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=hellobeautifulofficial height="260"]