Easy-breezy skin care is what I’m after and by that, I mean brands that don’t require my mixology skills to to create the concoction that promises to give me enviable skin.
Call me a big baby or just plain ole‘ lazy, but as I read the directions on the 100% all-natural Perfect Pores Clay ($17.95, perfectporesclay.com) packaging, my first thought was, “Houston, we have a problem.” I was immediately miffed because all I wanted to be responsible for was squeezing and using. Instead, the directions wanted me to mix “two parts powder and one part water” to make my dreams of a virtually shine-free complexion come true. After taking a few minutes to gather the necessary accoutrements – a spatula and a small glass mixing bowl, I got to work on transforming the packet of powder into a mayonnaise-like paste. Strangely enough, I found myself enjoying the process and almost meditating during–bet you didn’t see that coming did you?
Once I got beyond the reality of having to devote more time than I wanted to on keeping my pretty in check, I became focused on the issue at hand–treating my not-so-firm pores to a tightening treatment that would also suck out bothersome excess oil so I’d no longer be at the top of the greasy complexions heap.
While ‘Perfect’ does a successful job of drawing impurities out because of the Kaolin Clay and trace minerals, it is also ideal for treating other skin ailments such as removing blackheads, improving skin circulation, eases the discomfort of bee and mosquito stings and makes your baby’s bottom feel better when he/she has a diaper rash–definitely unexpected plusses.
The Packaging Grade: C
The packaging leaves a lot to be desired and needs some improvement. The photography reminds me of a romance novel.
The Contents Grade: A
The clay mix does what it says it will do. With every passing minute of waiting for ‘Perfect’ to dry, I could feel it tightening and tugging. And when I washed it off with warm water, I felt a real difference in my skin – my pores weren’t sagging and my skin felt smooth.
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore ConditionerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 1 of 25
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style MilkSource:Courtesy of Walmart 2 of 25
3. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free ShampooSource:Courtesy of Walmart 3 of 25
4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine PomadeSource:Courtesy of Walmart 4 of 25
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In MoisturizerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 5 of 25
6. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing ConditionerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 6 of 25
7. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ShampooSource:courtesy of Organix 7 of 25
8. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In ConditionerSource:Cantu 8 of 25
9. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock GelSource:Cantu 9 of 25
10. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming ShampooSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 10 of 25
11. Beautiful Textures Moisture ButterSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 11 of 25
12. Ojon Damage Reverse ShampooSource:courtesy of Ojon 12 of 25
13. Ojon Damage Reverse ConditionerSource:courtesy of Ojon 13 of 25
14. OBIA Curl Hydration SpraySource:OBIA 14 of 25
15. Ouidad Heat and Humidity GelSource:courtesy of Ouidad 15 of 25
16. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing GelSource:Ouidad 16 of 25
17. Curly Hair Solutions Curl KeeperSource:Curly Hair Solutions 17 of 25
18. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme LiteSource:Curl Junkie 18 of 25
19. Moroccanoil Hydrating ShampooSource:Moroccanoil 19 of 25
20. Moroccanoil Hydrating ConditionerSource:Moroccanoil 20 of 25
21. Moroccanoil Hair TreatmentSource:Moroccanoil 21 of 25
22. Yarok HairSource:yarokhair.com 22 of 25
23. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing ConditionerSource:ChazDean.com 23 of 25
24. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry SkinSource:Jane Carter Solution 24 of 25
25. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash ConditionerSource:Pantene/Pantene.com 25 of 25
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style & Beauty Trends