There’s no possible way you could have missed Michelle Obama giving Speaker of the House, John Boehner the first history-making First Lady side eye. It was the shade throwing felt around the world. Whatever the conversation taking place behind Michelle at the Inauguration Lunch; she didn’t find it entertaining in the least.
Must Read: What Are The Best Jobs For Women In 2013?
The look went viral thanks to the crafty blogger who spotted it first. According to MSNBC, it wasn’t fueled by irritation or any bad feelings. They are reporting that shortly after the eye roll, the president joked that Michelle and Boehner had come to a “meeting of the minds” and decided he should keep his remarks brief. Rumor has it that the Boehner and Michelle aren’t really all that friendly with one another. Well, then.
In case you want to learn how to “throw shade” (as it’s being called) like Michelle Obama, here’s an instructional guide:
1. Acknowledge that someone is having a conversation behind your back.
2. Ignore the tap to be included in the conversation.
3. Smirk at the rudeness of the chat, even though you were tapped to be a part of it.
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!
4. Eavesdrop on the conversation to make sure you don’t have to verbally check the people in conversation.
5. Roll your eyes because you realized this chat could have happened later and not at lunch.
6. Calm down with your husband’s reassuring shoulder touch.
Check out the video below:
More On Michelle Obama:
Check Out This Gallery: