Why do we love sad songs? For some reason, they make us feel better. This is particularly true when it comes to sad R&B and soul songs. Whether we’re truly heartbroken or just a little bummed out, it’s nice to hear an artist sharing similar feelings, letting us know we’re not alone. These are 10 of our favorite sad songs—grab a Kleenex and crank the stereo.
10. “Killing Me Softly With His Song,” Roberta Flack/Lauryn Hill: Whether it’s the ‘70s soulstress or the ‘90s Fugee, this one slays us every time.
9. “Un-Break My Heart,” Toni Braxton: A song so good you don’t care about the dubious grammar.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
8. “Not Gon’ Cry,” Mary J. Blige: Mary isn’t just the Queen of hip-hop soul; she’s the queen of dramatic songs like this.
7. “Doesn’t Mean Anything,” Alicia Keys: Money can’t buy you love. Hey, that’s a good line; someone should put it in a song.
6. “End of the Road,” Boys II Men: The breakup is “unnatural,” the Philly crooners sing, but sometimes, nature’s got nothing to do with it.
5. “Tired of Being Alone,” Al Green: The reverend sings one for all the lonely people.
4. “Miss You,” Aaliyah: A sad song made all the sadder by the fact it came out in 2002, after the young star’s death.
3. “Just My Imagination,” the Temptations: This love seems too good to be true—and in fact, it is.
2. “Without You,” Mariah Carey: A truly devastating ballad from the R&B great. It’s perhaps second only to…
1. “I Will Always Love You,” Whitney Houston: If she stays, she’ll only get in his way. So she’ll go, but not before one last heart-wrenching note.
Tell us your favorite sad songs in the comments section below.
Continue reading Sad Songs — Our 10 Favorite Heartbreak Anthems
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
<strong><a title="Permalink to: Top 10 Best Celebrity Ombre Hairstyles" href="https://hellobeautiful.com/playlist/best-celebrity-ombre-hairstyles/" rel="bookmark">Top 10 Best Celebrity Ombre Hairstyles</a></strong>
<strong><a title="Permalink to: 3 Things To Consider Before Getting Ombre Hair Color" href="https://hellobeautiful.com/2148345/ombre-hair-trend-dye-celebrity-pics-how-to-what-to-consider/" rel="bookmark">3 Things To Consider Before Getting Ombre Hair Color</a></strong>