VH1’s new television series “Single Ladies” premiered last Sunday, and while it raked in the most ratings for the network since October 2009, much of the content in this particular episode was highly predictable. The series premiere included two full hours of drama: Val (Stacey Dash’ character) sleeps with her low-life, now ex-boyfriend who was cheating on her with Lauren London and with a guy she met before even making to their first date and gets a pregnancy scare. Kim Porter plays an ex-video ‘model’ who is planning to out Keisha’s (LisaRaye’s character) scandalous past as a scheming video girl in her new tell all book while milking her for everything she has to give in order to her keep quiet. While April (The Best Years actress Charity Shea) is the mistress of a black politician.
So let’s take a look at 5 of the most predictable moments from the show:
1. Stacey Dash can’t keep a man to save her life. Listen, Stacey is a beautiful girl, she really is. But after years of playing “that girl” we kinda already saw it coming and you know what girl I’m talking about, the girl that always seems to have relationship issues both on and off the set. Sadly, Stacey’s roles as not only an actress but as a black woman in America has become extremely redundant. My advice for her is to try and find new ways to reinvent herself because you never want to become the beautiful actress that is just the beautiful actress and nothing more.
2. Stacey Dash sleeps with a guy before the first date. (Sigh) I honestly knew this would happen, I just thought she’d make it to at least Day 2 of knowing him.
3. The celebrity cluster. Some how before even watching the show I already knew there would be too many celebrities in one episode. However, aside from main characters Stacey Dash, LisaRaye and Charity Shea, this week’s episode was literally celeb overkill. The premiere episode alone included guest appearances from rapper/actor Common, model/mother of Diddy’s children Kim Porter, Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas, rapper Cam’ron, Pilar Sanders and Lauren London.
4. There would be at least one or more references to LisaRaye’s assets. LisaRaye’s name can’t be displayed in ANY lineup without reference to her looks. Whether it be positive or negative it’s almost a given to hear about her physique.
5. Guaranteed “drink throwing!” Where there is a show on VH1, there is a woman unable to fight the mighty urge to throw a drink in someone’s face! Please believe that whenever they do a show they never forget to add a set with a table, a drink, and some self-assured, indignant, idiot ready, willing and able to get that drink thrown in their face.
Check out a few clips from upcoming episodes below:
Taking a Break From Men:
How To: Give It To Him Like You Mean It
These Realty TV Favorites Are Joining The Cast Of Zeus Network's 'Baddies East'
Coi Leray Does The Big Chop And We're In Love
Steve Harvey Pays Emotional Tribute To Wife Marjorie At TheGrio Awards: 'I Appreciate You Riding With Me'
Tia Mowry Dishes On Affordable Holiday Hosting Ideas, Holiday Favs, And More
Angela Simmons Looks Like Money On Stage With Yo Gotti During A D.C. Stop Of The 'Gangsta Art Tour'
Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
Shaunie O'Neal Is Officially Engaged To Her Boyfriend Pastor Keion Henderson