Exfoliation is one of the keys to glowing, radiant skin. What exfoliating does is remove dead cells from the surface of the skin by gently abrading it. Exfoliating will keep your complexion smooth and youthful as long as you do it the right way. Here’s a guide on how to exfoliate your face for maximum results.
1. Moisten your face with water.
2. Grab an exfoliating sponge or loofah that is specifically designed for the face (you don’t want one that is too rough).
3. Apply an exfoliating cleanser such as AMBI’s EVEN & CLEAR Exfoliating Wash to the loofah.
4. Run the loofah across your face in tiny circular motions. Avoid under the eyes as the skin is very sensitive.
5. Rise your face with warm water. Avoid using hot water because the skin can easily be irritated after exfoliating.
6. Apply a moisturizer with alpha or beta hydroxy acids to continue the exfoliating process.
7. Exfoliate no more than three times a week. Over exfoliating can actually cause breakouts or dryness.
RELATED: WBW Honors: Muhammad Ali
RELATED: 25 Reasons We Love “Love Jones”
RELATED: Top 9 Must-See Black Films