Ever go to a party and realize that you have a stain on your shirt? Or better yet, your strap breaks! Well ladies, have no fear here are some tips that will for those mini crisis.
1. Rub a bar of soap on the teeth of a stuck zipper to help it glide.
2. Reattach a loose button with the metal wire from a twist tie. Peel away the paper, insert the wire through the button and fabric, and twist to secure.
3. Blot out a stain on your collar with a wet sponge or terry-cloth towel (not a paper towel, which can shred), or cover it up with a pretty scarf.
4. Wipe away static cling with a used dryer fabric softener sheet on your garment, or run your hands over a new sheet and lightly go over the fabric.
5. Temporarily fix a fallen hem with masking or double-sided fabric tape to hold up the seam until you can sew it later on.
6. Remove fresh deodorant marks by rubbing them with a wet, well-wrung washcloth or damp towel.
7. Push in a sweater pull with a fine needle or pin through the fabric to the back.
8. Blast away water spots on silk and wool with a gentle steam burst from your iron. Hold it above, not directly on, the fabric.
9. Touch up worn spots and scuffs on leather shoes and bags with a matching permanent marker. Buff well with a paper towel to remove excess that might rub off.
10. Brush up matted, stained suede with a scrub sponge. It should be barely damp – not drippy.
(From Good Housekeeping)
Want to spruce up your home for spring? Click here to find out how.