FROM SELF: Florals don’t have to be dainty sprigs. Let the latest lush, untamed blossoms bring out your free-spirited attitude. Avatar star Zoë Saldana showcases the boldest of the bunch.
1. If you’re a little “print-shy,” try an abstract floral. It lets you hit the trend without feeling too “done up.” You can also throw in some solids to tone down the effect. Maybe throw on a cardigan?
2. Today’s dress trends—one-shoulder, mini, strapless—may be revealing, but punchy blooms are your ticket to trying them. A big-print design has lots to look at, so bare areas are simply part of an overall sexiness, not the only focal point!
3. This season, you’ll find flowers in deliciously saturated brights (pinks, oranges, greens). But how can you make playful colors seem sophisticate? Stick to a single-color palette.
4. Special occasion? Some dresses are loaded with all-eyes-on-you features: a juicy color, sexy strapless cut, glittery embellishment, etc. Decide on your own daring factor and choose a frock with all these features or just one or two.
5. By wearing a few blooms on white instead of an allover print, you’ll look crisp and summery; florals sprinkled on black or dark blue can take you through summer and into fall.