The Ultimate NYE Dress Guide (From Your Fave Fashion Bloggers)
Melissa Rich is a self-proclaimed beauty addict and product junkie. She created her blog, VanityRich.com, in the spring of 2009 to share her beauty experiences with others.
2. French Connection 'Amanda' Long Sleeve Sequin Dress ($298)
"Nothing says "I have arrived," more than a striking sequin dress." -- Melissa Rich
3. bebe Plunging Neck Mesh Bodycon Dress ($48.30)
"A sexy twist to the little black dress." -- Melissa Rich
4. Aidan Mattox High/Low Chiffon Overlay Sequin Dress ($285)
"The combination of an strapless sequin dress with a chiffon skirt, creates a flair of dramatic elegance." -- Melissa Rich
5. TopShop Limited Edition Two Tone Cut Out Shift ($360.00)
"This two toned metallic cut-out dress is fun and celebratory." -- Melissa Rich
6. ASOS Peplum Frill Jumpsuit ($87.95)
"A peplum jumpsuit is effortless glam." -- Melissa Rich
SF Bay Area based Tanesha Awasthi is a fashion blogger on a mission. Her site, GirlWithCurves.com, offers outfit inspiration, style and shopping advice to the curvy community.
8. Monif C Josephine Gold Sequins Party Dress ($171)
"A gold, sequin dress has the perfect amount of glitz and glamour for a New Year's Eve celebration." -- Tanesha Awasthi
9. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Peplum Dress In Metallic ($58.93)
"The peplum is a win-win fashion statement for all shapes and sizes, and the metallic fabric makes an unforgettable statement." -- Tanesha Awasthi
10. IGIGI Margaux Plus Size Dress ($175)
"This shiny LBD is the epitome of sexy-sophistication." -- Tanesha Awasthi
Patrice J. Williams is the New York City based writer behind Looking Fly on a Dime, where she shows women that their style is never determined by their wallet. She has offered her fashion expertise on the TODAY show, The Nate Berkus Show and WE tv.
12. French Connection Moonray Sequin Dress ($268.00)
"New Year's Eve and sequins go hand in hand." -- Patrice J. Williams
13. Dorothy Perkins Petite LCD black and stone dress ($55)
"The side panels make this dress flattering for all sizes." -- Patrice J. Williams
14. MILLY Black/Heliotrope Blue Bryn Combo Dress with Leather Waistband ($514)
"The leather waistband gives this otherwise chic dress an edgy feel without being too over the top." -- Patrice J. Williams
15. ROBERTO CAVALLI Emerald Green Draped Dress with Brooch ($941)
"Emerald green is the color for 2013, so why not start the year off on trend?" -- Patrice J. Williams
16. FOREVER21 Pleated Brocade Dress $27.80
"It doesn't get any sweeter than this blush, brocade dress and the price is right for any budget." -- Patrice J. Williams
Netta P is a Social Media Strategist and Owner of Pleased Productions Social Media. She blogs about her life in Brooklyn and about plus size fashion at xoxonettaP.com
18. MICHAEL Michael Kors Plus Short Sleeve Sequin Wrap Dress ($96)
"This is a wrap dress, so it's going to look good on a lot of different kinds of body types, and it's sequin! Which means it's automatically appropriate for a party! It's also a dress that you can most likely wear again to other events, and you could even dress it down and wear it to the office. Sequins are more versatile these days than ever before. Oh, and did I mention it's on sale?" -- Neeta P
19. LANE BRYANT Anastasia Gown in Ruby by IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel ($295)
"Go super, super vamp glam with this gorgeously romantic gown by IGIGI. Once an independent designer, Yuliya Raquel has now partnered with Lane Bryant. And while her gowns are still on the expensive side, you can bet you're getting your money's worth. It's another wrap design, but this one includes lace and velvet - completing your sexy but elegant look to ring in a romantic new year." -- Netta P
20. Macy's Spense Plus Size Dress, Sleeveless Sequin Pleated A-Line ($36.99)
"Pretty in Pink! This is an a-line dress that comes in a few colors (blue, too!), but I love it in pink. It's got sequins, it's got flounce, it's got SPANDEX! If you're planning to dance the last days of 2012 away, this is the perfect pick. The straps are bra-friendly (hallelujer), and it'll hit just at the knee. So you can wear it with a hot pair of boots, booties, or heels, and you'll be sure that you're cutie will be ready to take it off." -- Netta P
Kelly Augustine is a born and bred New Yorker with a panache for the unbeaten path. MASQUEmag is a curation of Kelly's personal style, beauty, curvy health, and NYC lifestyle.
22. NET-A-PORTER Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Aster stretch-jersey dress ($320)
"This one-shouldered number screams "chic and sassy" when paired with glittering dangled earrings." -- Kelly Augustine
23. FOREVER21 Sparkling Paillettes Dress ($34.80)
"Sequins make a statement all their own in this affordable shiny sheath." -- Kelly Augustine
24. Macy's R&M Richards 3/4 Flutter Sleeve Cocktail Dress ($64.85)
"Make an impression with this fabulous fluttering chiffon cocktail dress." -- Kelly Augustine
25. MICHAEL Michael Kors Long-Sleeved Sequin Dress ($136.99)
"Sequins give a stylish update to the typical NYE LBD." -- Kelly Augustine
26. Navabi's Manon Baptiste Cotton Dress with Reverse Collar ($240.90)
"Keep this androgynous tuxedo-look sleek by staying monochrome - black tights, black heels and a black minaudiere are all it needs." -- Kelly Augustine
The Curvy Fashionista ran by Marie Denee, is a plus size lifestyle blog covering the latest in fashion, trends, designers, and much more!
28. Aidan Mattox Sequin Pattern Mesh Sheath Dress ($264)
"I have always wanted to play in Aidan Mattox. Contemporary, Sexy, and Curve baring! AND In a different sparkle than black? Yes ma’am!" -- Marie Denee
29. Eloquii Sequins Tube Dress ($109)
"Classic chic appeal for seasons to come and go? This number will always be a go to when I need fashionable options!" -- Marie Denee
30. Kay Unger Sequins Lace dress ($540)
"When glitter is not enough, add lace! Definitely a fun option perfect for that NYE date night!" -- Marie Denee
31. Tadashi Shoji Brown Paillette Dress ($320)
"Sophisticated Diva. Turn heads in this little number from Dressmaker to the plus size stars, Tadashi Shoji!." -- Marie Denee
32. Sydney’s Closet Go For the Gold ($112)
"I adore this dress and have it! Perfect to bring in the new year with a playful and sassy edge!" -- Marie Denee
Monroe Steele, the fashion blogger behind Fashion Steele NYC, is all about helping you find affordable fashion STEELE's and mixing them into your wardrobe.
34. LuLu's Rubber Ducky Wildfire Multi Sequin ($150)
"This dress is sure to make a statement at any holiday party!" -- Monroe Steele
35. DRESS THE POPULATION Lola Long Sleeve Scoop Back Sequin Dress ($193)
"Emerald sequin dress...every woman should have one. Works well for the holidays and for a black tie event." -- Monroe Steele
36. BLUEFLY's Romeo & Juliet Couture Charcoal Beaded Chiffon Tank Dress ($90.30)
"I love the flapper feel to this dress." -- Monroe Steele
37. BLUEFLY's Badgley Mischka Black Matte Stretch Jersey Draped Gown ($391.30)
Very sophisticated and Angelina Jolie Like.
38. Tracy Reese Leather Peplum Dress ($495)
Black leather...and a peplum...swoon worthy NYE dress!
Kristin Booker is the creator of Fashion.Style.Beauty, a lifestyle blog that combines the best elements of style for women over 30. It's motto is "Life is short. Live well" and it's sole purpose is to show women how to do just that.
40. Stella McCartney Draped Jersey Turtleneck Dress in Red Flame ($425)
"I love draping on a variety of figures and this silhouette is eternally forgiving in a color that is anything but wallflower. You need it." -- Kristin Booker
41. JS Collection Scoop Neck Sequined Blouson Dress ($228)
"Personally, I'm in love with this forgiving dress that will flatter a variety of shapes. Plus, it's sparkly and fab and WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!?" -- Kristin Booker
42. Zara Dress with Faux Leather Waist ($129)
"It's got corset-y goodness at the waist, the sleeves are slimming, and it's all Park-Avenue-Princess-hooks-up-with-a-rock star. It's perfect." -- Kristin Booker
43. Gryphon Long Sleeve Sequin Minidress ($675)
"Aimee Cho kicks out some of the best dresses anywhere, and this gilded work of art is sexy without being overt -it's just begging for a glass of champagne and a midnight kiss." -- Kristin Booker
44. Badgley Mischka Sequined Gown ($650)
"And, then, of course, when you need that total red carpet moment, turn to James and Mark and this SHUT IT DOWN golden gown to have people positively loving/hating on you." -- Kristin Booker
Taliah Ferguson is a lifestyle blogger sharing her personal style, trend collages, interior motives and everything in between. She's true advocate of mixing high and low pieces. You can catch her shopping and finding inspiration pretty much anywhere.
46. Free People Lace Eyelash-Hem Dress ($128)
"I love the whimsical hemline on this fiery red lace dress. It would be the highlight of your night and stride!" - Taliah Ferguson
47. French Connection Spiegal Sequins Tunic Dress ($329.99)
"French Connection is one of my go to brands for stylish statement dresses and this multi tone tunic dress has the right shape and sparkle for anyone!" -- Taliah Ferguson
48. Boutique To You Leather vixen ($110)
"This dress is the perfect girly meets edgy combo and the studded waist adds more toughness, giving you a base to work around your accessories." -- Taliah Ferguson
49. BCBG MaxAzria Beret Cocktail Dress ($271.60)
"I have seen this dress in person and what makes it such a fab piece is the fit and sleekness it gives. Although its form fitting, I bet it will hug in all the right places." -- Taliah Ferguson
50. MANGO Sweetheart Neckline Peplum Dress ($79.99)
"Less is more! Timeless dresses that are simple yet chic will be with you forever and this one definitely does the job!" -- Taliah Ferguson
Christen Rochon is the media personality, brand ambassador and publisher behind DivasAndDorks.com. As a premier source of fashion, entertainment and technology from a female's perspective, Christen has been featured in BlackEnterprise.com, Essence.com & more for pioneering the fusion of fashion & technology online.
52. Ali Ro Ruched Low-Back Sequined Dress ($298)
"New Year's Eve is all about jewel tones and bling and this dress is bountiful with both!" -- Christen Rochon
53. Diane von Furstenberg Menaro Sequined Long-Sleeve Dress ($545)
"From the red carpet to the dance floor, this sophisticated take on sequin makes a statement without saying a word." -- Christen Rochon
54. VINCE CAMUTO Sleeveless A Line Dot Jacquard Dress ($107.40)
"In case you're feeling a little festive but want to leave the sequins at home, this fit and flare frock is a great alternative offering shimmer & texture in a petite little package." -- Christen Rochon
Eileen Dautruche is a twenty something girl permanently addicted to Starbucks' Mocha Frappuccino, born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. She is currently working in social media marketing and blogs to sustain her sanity. When she's not searching for the greatest pink lipstick or tweeting (@MissWhoeverUR), she can be found blogging for her site MissWhoeverYouAre.com. MissWYA is a catalog of things Eileen love, what des wearing, and beauty products you new to own.
56. J. Crew Jules Dress In Trompe L'Oeil Lace ($238.00)
"You can never go wrong with a shift dress and trompe l'oeil is the perfect alternative to sequins!" -- Eileen Dautruche
57. Kate Spade Normandy Dress ($498)
"What's better than having rich hues and a black band to cinch in the waist a bit? Nothing." -- Eileen Dautruche
58. C Wonder Color Block Turtleneck Dress ($148.00)
"Definitely for more of a laid back celebration at NYE, this slim fitting dress is fuss free and will keep you warm (bonus!)" -- Eileen Dautruche
59. ZARA Pleated Dress With Jewlled Collar ($99)
"This dress screams PARTY with it's juicy color, jeweled neckline, and pretty pleats. Pair with a basic black pump, clutch, and you're ready to toast the evening." -- Eileen Dautruche
Say it isn’t so! You’ve got a date, a fabulous venue to make your appearance and NO dress. Well, you’re surely ahead of me because I’ve made no plans, and purchased no new threads for the New Years Eve festivities.
But aren’t you lucky to have stumbled upon the ultimate NYE dress guide. We picked the style brains of some of our favorite fashion and beauty bloggers to see what dresses they have been stalking online. And if you hurry with priority shipping one of these gorge dresses could be yours just in time for the party.
Check out what our fave bloggers found.
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!