It was recently announced that British actor Joseph Fiennes was cast as the King Of Pop in an upcoming film about a bizarre road trip that he supposedly went on with Liz Taylor and Marlon Brando after 9/11.
The internet has been less than receptive about the casting news. Actor Orlando Jones responded by tweeting, “I’m TOTALLY on board with Joseph Fiennes playing Michael Jackson IF AND ONLY IF Angela Bassett is cast as Elizabeth Taylor.”
Angela tweeted back, “BRILLIANT! Ordered my violet contacts & bathed in White Diamonds this morning, so I’m READY! Let’s do this! xo! Ang” Hilarious!
Michael Jackson has already spoken from the grave and told the world via his 1993 interview with Oprah that it was a “ridiculous” idea to think he would ever be on board with a white actor portraying him. “I’m proud to be a black American” he said to Oprah.
We wonder if the backlash from the casting decision will eventually move Fiennes to back out of the film?
Beauties, let us know who you think should have been cast in the role as the King of Pop?
BRILLIANT! Ordered my violet contacts & bathed in White Diamonds this morning, so I'm READY! Let's do this! xo! Ang https://t.co/E8O4NY438y
3. Then She Showed Up To The Emmys Looking Like This
3 of 18
4 of 18
5 of 18
6. Her Hubby Doesn't Age Either
6 of 18
7. This Is 57
7 of 18
8. A Young Angela Bassett
8 of 18
9. Sunkissed Skin
9 of 18
10. Slaying In The "American Horror Story" Promo
10 of 18
11. Serving Life On A Platter
11 of 18
12. Face Darling!
12 of 18
13. Simply Gorgeous
13 of 18
14. #Iworkout, #Playtennis, #Swim, #RunMiles to look like this at her age. She is 57 in this Picture. #AngelaBassett is inspiring to never let yourself go. People do relationship Goals I do #LifeGoals #After40Goals lol #WorkOut #Believe #NeverSettle
14 of 18
15. We Live
15 of 18
16. 57-Years Young
16 of 18
17 of 18
18. Our Favorite Angela Bassett Looks
18 of 18
Continue reading Angela Bassett Posts Epic Response To White Actor Cast As Michael Jackson In TV Movie
24 Flawless Photos That Prove Angela Bassett's Melanin Is Not Of This World