Many different things cause trauma to the skin, ranging from injuries and accidents to skin conditions such as acne and eczema. Treatments to get rid of scars on black skin can sometimes be a challenge, but with consistency and patience, it is possible to reduce the appearance of stubborn blemishes.
Types of Scars
There are several types of scarring that occurs after skin exposure to trauma:
- Keloidal scars – Elevated, dark, benign tumors that appears on ears, back, shoulders and chest. This can be very difficult to remove since it goes overboard the boundary of the affected area.
- Hypertrophic scars – Raised and dark scars. Disappears in a certain amount of time but causes intense itching while this is used.
- Atrophic scars – Creates indentation or sunken marks. One example of this type of scarring is stretch marks.
The following are natural remedies for lessening and eliminating scars:
1. Lavendar oil. Apply and massage directly on scars to help fade. In time, it can completely eliminate them.
2. Flaxseed oil. You can buy this oil at almost any health food store. Rub the flaxseed oil on old and new scars a few times each day, including after you shower and again before going to bed.
3. Grapeseed extract, jojoba and almond oil are all effective scar treatments, especially when combined together.