You may already know this but people tend to stick to what they know, especially when it comes to food. Take a look at this list from abcnews.com and tell us if you’ve tried any of these foods and if they have a permanent spot in your home…
1. Kiwi (just scoop it straight from the skin!)
2. Broccoli rabe (sauté with olive oil, garlic and lemon)
3. Brazil nuts (munch on a couple)
4. Edamame (steam in the pod and sprinkle with salt)
5. Red lentils (cook lentils, then substitute them for chickpeas in hummus)
6. Quinoa (use instead of brown rice)
7. Canned salmon (throw on salads or in pasta sauces)
8. Prawns (shrimp) (stir fry with vegetables and serve with brown rice)
9. Whole grain and multigrain pastas (swap these for all your white pasta)
10. Pomegranate (toss the seeds on salads or mix them with yogurt)
Check out how to cook these foods and get more nutritional fats here!
Here’s 6 ways to make healthy deserts!