Chrissy Teigen wowed us on the red carpet at the 2016 Oscars in a regal Marchesa gown and a braided updo to match. Christian Wood created the elaborate plaited style to compliment the gown’s ornate embellishments.
Waking up in a haze! Last night was a doozy for these swollen feet! Credit where credit is due time: My @1maryphillips, @cwoodhair, @monicarosestyle and @kimmiekyees – thank you for making me feel so purdy! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and thank you @marchesafashion and beautiful @georginachapmanmarchesa for making this gorgeous dress for me, I think we used all the lace in town! @lorraineschwartz thank you for trusting me with your terrifyingly epic and gorgeous jewels!!
“[I] created the undone, yet elegant look to juxtapose the glamorous, grown-up feel of the gown and keep Chrissy’s overall look youthful, yet elegant.” ~ Christian Wood
Here’s how you can get the look:
1. Prep hair with the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system, applying the Pre-Wash Conditioner, followed by the Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo to get a great base.
2. Apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse throughout the lengths of the hair, leaving the ends out, then apply the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer to the ends for a soft, voluminous texture.
3. Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth with the Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer for volume at the roots.
4. Next, take the hair at the crown and pin it away. Take two one-inch sections on both sides of the ears and braid all the way down, while using the fingertips to rub the hair and create texture.
5. Release the hair at the crown and begin to braid down the middle and combined the 5 braids in one hand and secure with an elastic. Using a handful of bobby pins, secure braids for extra hold.
6. Take the lengths of the hair and create a larger braid and secure with an elastic, leaving out the ends at the bottom.
7. To complete the look, pull out loose pieces around the face for beautiful, airy volume. Rub the braids with fingertips to create a soft texture and spray the finished look with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray, for a hold that lasts all night but isn’t stiff or crunchy.
Red Carpet Rundown: 2016 Oscars
1. Chris Rock1 of 22
2. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend2 of 22
3. Sylvester Stallone & His Wife3 of 22
4. Pharrell Williams4 of 22
5. Kerry Washington5 of 22
6. Rachel McAdams and Michael B. Jordan6 of 22
7. Mindy Kaling7 of 22
8. Andra Day8 of 22
9. The Weeknd9 of 22
10. Kevin Hart (R) with fiancee Eniko Parrish10 of 22
11. Common11 of 22
12. Priyanka Chopra12 of 22
13. Lady Gaga13 of 22
14. Whoopi Goldberg14 of 22
15. Sofia Vergara15 of 22
16. Dorith Mous16 of 22
17. Robin Roberts17 of 22
18. Leonardo DiCaprio18 of 22
19. Brie Larson19 of 22
20. Charlize Theron20 of 22
21. Olivia Wilde21 of 22
22. Jennifer Lawrence22 of 22