At one time, Nicki Minaj was as popular for her outrageous fashions as she was for her hard-hitting rhymes. It wasn’t out of the ordinary to see Nicki pose on the red carpet in a galaxy-inspired dress that resembles a science project, or hit the street in a pink jumpsuit and blue wig. But recently, Nicki has embraced a more sophisticated, classic look. She brought on hairstylist Oscar James, ditched the platinum blonde wigs and started wearing minimalist gowns.
Nicki’s new style is a lesson on balancing elegance with sensuality. In her streamlined silhouettes, she manages to look refined and pulled-together while still showing off her curves. If you want to look sexy and sophisticated, take some cues from Nicki’s latest looks. Check out 10 style tips we learned from the self-proclaimed Queen of Rap in the slideshow.
10 Style Tips We Learned From Nicki Minaj
1. Choose one bold accessory.1 of 10
2. Rock a matching set.2 of 10
3. Embrace monochrome color.3 of 10
4. Keep jewelry to one metal.4 of 10
5. When wearing prints, keep accessories simple.5 of 10
6. Balance bold eyeshadow with nude lips.6 of 10
7. Don't compete with your neckline.7 of 10
8. Add a pop of color with a pink lip.8 of 10
9. Spice up a black dress with bold jewelry.9 of 10
10. Bring out your natural beauty with soft makeup.10 of 10