Solange Knowles covers the August 2014 issue of Lucky Magazine armed with a killer ‘fro, aqua blue pastel pleated pants, and a cool summer sweatshirt (I know that seems like an oxymoron but they do exist). If you’ve been reading anything I’ve written (ever) then you know that Beyonce’s little sister is my favorite and happens to be one of my hair crushes. She looks so fab on this cover that “Cartergate” elevator incident is a far forgotten unfortunate memory that Solange and I have both buried deep in the back of our minds.
But you Beauties know that world was not impressed, phased or believing that blanket statement the family released.
Lucky Magazine tried to get the scoop one more time about Solange’s altercation with Jay Z and here’s what we got from her:
“What’s important is that my family and I are all good,” Solange says. “What we had to say collectively was in the statement that we put out, and we all feel at peace with that.”
Well, *scratches head* that explains it all.
Solange clearly wants us to move on! In her interview she focused on more of the things she’d like be known for…fashion and music. ‘When I look back at old pictures, my dad was always smartly dressed, my mom had the most elegant, beautiful style, and my sister was very into the ’90s Cross Colours look, and I…’ says Solange,”just had all of these different things inside me… It’s interesting how the past comes back full circle and then it becomes more refined.”
Despite all of the drama, Solange is such a talented artist and a marvelous performer. She told Lucky Magazine,”The music is changing… My last EP, True, was about the overall vibe—the message was fun. This one, I really want you to hear what I’m saying. I want you to hear me.’”
Honestly, I could care less if Solange ever did another interview again. I just want her to keep wowing me (and the fashion world) with her swoon-worthy mixed prints and inspiring oversized ‘fro choices. Shrugs
What do you beauties think? Are we over this elevator incident or do we want answers still? Leave your comments below.
1. 50 Killer Looks Starring Solange
To understand Solange Knowles means that you know fashion. You know that it's fresh and vibrant, and sometimes weird. You know that it's daring and revealing, but can often be subtle and calm. Solange is no longer just Beyonce's stylish little sister. Following in the footsteps of Diana and Cher, Solange is rocking out to her own beat and I love it. But there's 15 killer looks that I am completely swooning over!
2. Solange at the Opening Ceremony And 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere
Here's where everyone began checking for Beyonce's baby sis.
3. Solange attends the Costume Institute Gala for the "PUNK: Chaos to Couture" exhibition
Her infamous fro that everyone almost believed was hers.
4. Solange Knowles attends the Pre-Met Ball screening of "The Great Gatsby" at The Museum of Modern Art
Before we all know that stripes were in, Solange was setting the bar for what the trend should feel like.
5. Solange Knowles at The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Giving us an Angelina leg covered in color!
6. Solange Knowles attends the 2011 Angel Ball To Benefit Gabrielle's Angel Foundation
I bet you forgot how amazing white could look, huh!
7. Solange at the "Beyonce: Life Is But A Dream" New York Premiere
Even when she ditches her slacks, she looks breathtaking!
8. Solange Knowles attends the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar party
9. Solange Knowles attends the HBO "Girls" season 2 premiere
Wondering why everyone is wearing head-to-toe prints, we can all thank Solange!
10. Solange Knowles attends Ermenegildo Zegna "Essenze" Collection Launch event
Chic yet simple!
11. Solange Knowles attends the Absolut Tune Launch Party at The Top of The Standard
Olivia Pope knows nothing about this!
12. Solange Knowles attends American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Fall New York City Center Gala
But do you peep those heels?!
13. Solange Knowles attends amfAR Milano 2012 during Milan Fashion Week at La Permanente
Serving superhero realness. I'm still waiting for her to fly away.
14. Solange Knowles attends the Angel Ball 2012 at Cipriani Wall Street
I just want Solange to reorganize my closet.
15. Solange Knowles attend 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall
And add this one in my size...
16. Solange Knowles attends the "Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations" Costume Institute Gala
And I would totes squeeze into this one.
17. Solange Knowles attends 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala
Taking a que from her big sis with the accented waist and hip on this dress. I think she forgot her makeup though?
18. Solange Knowles attends the Splendid Soho Store Opening Hosted By Dylan Lauren
Every girl should have own a funky clutch. It will bring life to any look.
19. Solange Knowles attends the Tribeca Ball 2012
Perfecting the mixed print trend.
20. Solange Knowles poses for a portrait backstage at 2012 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival
Let's start a petition to get Solange to teach a class on posing!