Last year I was totally swooning over the “Scandal”-inspired collection at Saks that I really could not afford and if I could I’d never spend that much money on one item of clothing. Well…the fashion gawds have heard our prayers! This fall an affordable version of Olivia Pope’s coveted closet will debut at The Limited.
Costume designer, Lyn Paolo worked closely with Kerry Washington (aka Olivia Pope herself) to develop the new line for the retailer. Debuting in stores and online on September 22nd, this will be the first design collaboration between a national retailer, a TV show, its costume designer and the star of the show.
“By creating a line inspired by the show, we are introducing a collection that embodies the elegance and power of the “Scandal” aesthetic for real-life gladiators and everyday fashionistas,” Kerry says. “The collection is a nod to our devoted fans, to fans of fashion and to women everywhere who are inspired to boldly pursue their passions and look good while doing it.”
Lyn Paolo added, “The whole team took great care in creating a collection that reflects Olivia Pope’s unique style. We believe the collection tells a story of confidence and professional sophistication as well as maintaining a strong feminine point of view.”
I am so here for this collection. Olivia Pope’s signature wide leg trousers, those chic feminine blouses, and those bold yet classic outerwear pieces are all waiting for a home in our closets!
Check out the Saks line that I believe no one bought!
1. 8 Pieces We Want From The Saks Fifth Avenue Scandal Collection But Really Can't Afford1 of 9
2. Akris Punto Leather Pencil Skirt ($1580)2 of 9
3. Akris Punto Double-Breasted Wool Blazer ($1190)3 of 9
4. Akris Punto Wrap-Waist Dress ($995)4 of 9
5. Akris Punto Peplum-Back Wool Jacket ($1580)5 of 9
6. Burberry Prorsum Rubber-Paneled Cotton Trenchcoat ($2795)6 of 9
7. Oscar de la Renta Slim Leather Dress ($2690)7 of 9
8. Valentino Ribbed Open-Back Dress ($3200)8 of 9
9. Weekend MaxMara Geneve Tweed Check Coat ($805)9 of 9