This all started when my Editorial Director, Leigh Davenport shared a story about when she complimented an exceptionally beautiful woman at a party and received the type of reaction that would have been appropriate after an insult. The beautiful girl scolded Leigh about her snarky delivery and went on for the remainder of the night to express what can only be affectionately named, “Pretty Girl Problems.”
You know these problems–men don’t approach me, no one takes me seriously, or my favorite–I am more than just my looks. While many of these pretty girls certainly have a point in sharing their laments, that doesn’t negate that nine times out of 10, we’re not here for their complaints. Check out the rest of the things no one wants to hear pretty girls say, ever.
1. I Only Have Guy Friends
Pretty girls don’t hang out with girls because we’re too busy hating on how beautiful they are. So they’re forced to hang out with men…your boyfriend, your brother, your dad–doesn’t matter. As long as he’s got a penis, he’s her friend.
2. I’m Smart Too
We get it, pretty isn’t only pretty. Sometimes, pretty girls are also smart. It’s very rare, but it happens.
3. People Think I Don’t Have Feelings
Maybe it’s because pretty girls have permanent b*tch face that people think they don’t have feelings. Or maybe it’s because pretty people often disregard people’s feelings because they’re too busy being pretty.
4. I Have A Hard Time Meeting Guys
Guys are intimidated by beauty. Many of us would think that they’re turned on by it–well they are. But there is a such thing as being TOO pretty and men don’t want to approach the women who are way out of their league.
5. I Don’t Have Many Girlfriends
Girls be hating. We don’t know how to be friends with girls who are better looking than us, because…reasons.
6. Being A Model Is Hard
Most pretty women are models. And we all know how hard it is to stand there and pose and not eat and pose some more.
7. Pretty Hurts
Ouch. Can’t you see how painful it is to be this pretty.
8. Chris Brown? Oh Yeah, We Dated…
Pretty girls always have close personal relationships with celebrities. If I ever hear any more of them claiming to have dated a celebrity, I am going to scream!
9. Guys Are Intimidated By Me
Men are afraid of pretty girls and that’s the law. I mean, their looks are so paralyzing, it makes it hard to live.
10. OMG I’m So Hungry!
Pretty girls don’t eat. They’ve got to maintain their abs.
11. Why Did God Give Me This Talent?
Beyonce said this specifically and the world said, “Shutup.”
12. No One Takes Me Seriously
You’re pretty, we just want to look at you. Case in point: Stacey Dash.
13. I Can’t Eat That By Myself, Let’s Split It
Pretty girls always have a diet to maintain and when they want to have a cheat meal or day, they want to share it with their friends.
Check Out This Gallery Of Problems Only Busty Women Understand:
19 Problems Only Busty Women Understand
1. D Cups & Up, You Get It, Right?1 of 20
2. Finding A Bra2 of 20
3. Adjusting Yourself Always Looks Like An Invite...Or Porn3 of 20
4. Victoria Is Keeping A Secret From You4 of 20
5. Baby Magnet5 of 20
6. Sweatshirts Make You Look Fat6 of 20
7. Strapless Bras7 of 20
8. Sleeping Is A Fete8 of 20
9. Suspenders?9 of 20
10. You Need More Fabric10 of 20
11. Nothing Is More Important Than This Moment11 of 20
12. Button Up Shirts Are The Devil12 of 20
13. Safety [NSFW]13 of 20
14. Spillage14 of 20
15. Bikinis Make You Look...Well, Slutty15 of 20
16. Yoga Isn't Your Friend16 of 20
17. Running17 of 20
18. Shaking Things18 of 20
19. People Assume They're Fake19 of 20
20. Back Pain20 of 20