Gabrielle Union might just be the cutest actress in Hollywood. It almost seems unfair, right? She’s armed with bouncy bold tresses, flawless golden brown skin, and a gorgeous flirty smile. But how does she do it?! Unlike Beyonce, we all don’t wake up like this.
We caught up with Gabby U (her very aborbs social media moniker), and she dished on her best kept secrets for summer beauty! Check it out.
1. Stay hydrated: They say you should drink eight glasses of water a day, but I drink double that – a FULL gallon! Aside from the obvious – staying hydrated – it keeps my skin, hair and nails healthy and keeps my metabolism revved.
2. Feel good about your smile: A healthy, white smile is an essential part of my year round beauty routine. It’s a great accessory to any outfit and helps make a lasting first impression. I brush with Philips Sonicare DiamondClean to keep my teeth and gums healthy, and my dentist whitens my smile with Philips Zoom either in the office or with convenient take-home trays.
3. Go natural: On set at “Being Mary Jane,” we’ve been experimenting with this fresh look for my character that has become my go-to for warmer weather: A heavier brow (it makes you look more youthful!), a nude lip and just mascara for the eyes. If I do more eye makeup for nighttime, I avoid black and stick to shades of brown for a more naturally dramatic look.
4. Keep hair simple with bold accents: I live in Miami and my show shoots in Atlanta, which are both extremely hot and humid places in the summer. For a cute and low maintenance hairstyle, I take it back to 1986 with braids, or I put my hair up in a simple topknot. A top knot is also great for going out or a big event – I pair it with a cat eye and a bold red lip.
5. Confidence is key: It’s so important to feel confident about who you are and not to succumb to unrealistic expectations. I gave that up a while ago. I try to keep healthy habits like exercising and eating fruits and veggies – I’m really into juicing daily – but I don’t put pressure on myself to fit a certain mold. If you’re 5, 10, 20 pounds more than you want to be, it’s okay. Just feel confident about being YOU.
1. Floral Sunglasses
Rachael Round Floral Sunglasses, $26 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1i5kEp3
2. Pearl Sunglasses
Choies Pearl Frame Sunglasses, $24.99 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1ognTyF
3. Floral Print Sunglasses
Dolce & Gabbana flower print sunglasses, $235 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1gQySzk
4. White Sunglasses
Betsey Johnson white flower sunglasses, $19.99 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1j8eMLe
5. Mixed Print Sunglasses
A.J. Morgan printed sunglasses, $16.95 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1gQzeG2
6. Heart-Shaped Sunglasses
Burger and Friends pearl sunglasses, $23.80 Get it here: http://bit.ly/RVg1Hx
7. Jeweled Sunglasses
A-Morir Piaf Sunglasses, $325 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1h9mRiW
8. Lip Print Sunglasses
Au Jour Le Jour white lips print sunglasses, $265 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1i5lG4o
9. Floral Embellished Sunglasses
Choies DIY sunglasses with flowers, $24.99 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1jtKreu
10. Cat-Eye Sunglasses
Dolce & Gabbana embellished cat-eye sunglasses, $970 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1nfGm1q
11. Round Frame Sunglasses
Miu Miu round frame sunglasses, $339 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1pdO2hz
12. Suede-Trimmed Sunglasses
Miu Miu suede-trimmed sunglasses, $339 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1vHTgXr
13. Octagonal Sunglasses
Miu Miu Octagonal sunglasses, $370 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1jVHBui
14. Metallic Sunglasses
Miu Miu Noir Catwalk Sunglasses, $395 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1jEiVfS
15. Polka Dot Sunglasses
Swatch Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses, $136.72 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1nfH2nm
16. Logo-Bearing Sunglasses
Wildfox sunglasses in pearl, $178 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1nr4Tfx
17. Metal Cat Eye Sunglasses
Tom Ford Nastasya Metal Cat Eye Sunglasses, $380 Get it here: http://bit.ly/Sku8Xk
18. Mirrored Sunglasses
Wildfox Mirrored Sunglasses, $179 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1tlwPFc
19. Green Lens Sunglasses
Illesteva Mirrored Lens Sunglasses, $302 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1lRPfZK
20. Floral Trim Sunglasses
MIA round floral trim sunglasses, $26 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1tlxbf3
21. Striped and Letter Prints Sunglasses
Romwe Striped and Letters Print Sunglasses, $18.99 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1nr5E8u
22. Black Floral Sunglasses
Choies Black DIY Sunglasses, $35.99 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1h9pyB4
23. Chain Link Sunglasses, $446.12
A-Morir Kane Chain Link Sunglasses, $446.12 Get it here: http://bit.ly/TvmZEu
24. Leopard Print Sunglasses
Anna Karin Karlsson Leopard Print Sunglasses, $665 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1nr6bHF
25. Blue Chain Trim Sunglasses
A-Morir Chain Trim Sunglasses, $136.05 Get it here: http://bit.ly/1k6aNUs