Beyonce is a woman of many surprises and she pulled a new one out of her bag of tricks for the Coachella crowd last night. Queen Bey took to the stage during Solange’s set for an impromptu, big sister-little sister dance duo!
Toward the end of “Losing You,” the 32-year-old entertainer ran onstage and performed a synchronized routine with Solo. Rocking a fedora hat, floral dress and huge smile, there was no doubt that she had the time of her life. The sisters shared an embrace at the end of their number and Bey ran offstage immediately after.
The show took place at the Empire Solo Club in Indio, Calif. Before the “Drunk in Love” singer’s moment on stage, she was seen out and about on festival grounds, taking pictures and checking out shows from artists like Capital Cities and Cage the Elephant.
Bey’s hubby Jay Z also made a surprise appearance onstage with Nas to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his classic debut album, Illmatic. The hip hops legends rapped “Dead Presidents II” together then Jay transitioned into “Where I’m From.”
“Peace to the god Nas! I had to come all the way out here to celebrate 20 years of Illmatic.” he told the screening crowd of hipsters. “What an amazing accomplishment!”
— Coachella (@coachella) April 13, 2014
That wasn’t he only special guest for Nasty Nas. Diddy rocked the stage with their 90’s hit “Hate Me Now.” “You gotta understand, if it wasn’t for you…Hip-Hop wouldn’t had arrived to this place right here,” Puff told the rapper. “It’s your 20th anniversary! God sent you to us! You’re a lyrical genius and musician. A[n] artist in its rarest form. And we celebrate you!”
And we can’t forget about Pharrell “Happy” Williams. He rocked the stage with crew of background dancers, that infamous hat and a number of his musical friends including Gwen Stefani, Odd Future, Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes! Check it out below.
Here’s more from Bey and Solo’s adorable moment:
Check Out This Gallery
50 Killer Looks We'd Like To Steal From Solange
1. 50 Killer Looks Starring Solange
To understand Solange Knowles means that you know fashion. You know that it's fresh and vibrant, and sometimes weird. You know that it's daring and revealing, but can often be subtle and calm. Solange is no longer just Beyonce's stylish little sister. Following in the footsteps of Diana and Cher, Solange is rocking out to her own beat and I love it. But there's 15 killer looks that I am completely swooning over!
2. Solange at the Opening Ceremony And 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere
Here's where everyone began checking for Beyonce's baby sis.
3. Solange attends the Costume Institute Gala for the "PUNK: Chaos to Couture" exhibition
Her infamous fro that everyone almost believed was hers.
4. Solange Knowles attends the Pre-Met Ball screening of "The Great Gatsby" at The Museum of Modern Art
Before we all know that stripes were in, Solange was setting the bar for what the trend should feel like.
5. Solange Knowles at The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards
Giving us an Angelina leg covered in color!
6. Solange Knowles attends the 2011 Angel Ball To Benefit Gabrielle's Angel Foundation
I bet you forgot how amazing white could look, huh!
7. Solange at the "Beyonce: Life Is But A Dream" New York Premiere
Even when she ditches her slacks, she looks breathtaking!
8. Solange Knowles attends the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar party
9. Solange Knowles attends the HBO "Girls" season 2 premiere
Wondering why everyone is wearing head-to-toe prints, we can all thank Solange!
10. Solange Knowles attends Ermenegildo Zegna "Essenze" Collection Launch event
Chic yet simple!
11. Solange Knowles attends the Absolut Tune Launch Party at The Top of The Standard
Olivia Pope knows nothing about this!
12. Solange Knowles attends American Ballet Theatre Opening Night Fall New York City Center Gala
But do you peep those heels?!
13. Solange Knowles attends amfAR Milano 2012 during Milan Fashion Week at La Permanente
Serving superhero realness. I'm still waiting for her to fly away.
14. Solange Knowles attends the Angel Ball 2012 at Cipriani Wall Street
I just want Solange to reorganize my closet.
15. Solange Knowles attend 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall
And add this one in my size...
16. Solange Knowles attends the "Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations" Costume Institute Gala
And I would totes squeeze into this one.
17. Solange Knowles attends 6th Annual DKMS Linked Against Blood Cancer Gala
Taking a que from her big sis with the accented waist and hip on this dress. I think she forgot her makeup though?
18. Solange Knowles attends the Splendid Soho Store Opening Hosted By Dylan Lauren
Every girl should have own a funky clutch. It will bring life to any look.
19. Solange Knowles attends the Tribeca Ball 2012
Perfecting the mixed print trend.
20. Solange Knowles poses for a portrait backstage at 2012 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival
Let's start a petition to get Solange to teach a class on posing!