It’s convenient that the last day of Fashion Week is also the day before Valentine’s Day, so I was expecting to attend a show that would include some element of the romantic holiday. Thank goodness Giovanna Randall, designer of Honor, who knew these expectations and exceeded them with her Fall 2014 collection. As the models strutted down the aisle in soft beige, cream and white dresses accented with sheer chiffon, the calm vibe of the show quickly escalated to excitement when models hurried down the runway, rocking bold red and pink gowns. These pieces aren’t the awkward heart sweaters we see everywhere, instead they are delicate garments that could totally be worn on the 13th, 14th, or any season!
If you find yourself looking for pieces that’ll be cute enough for Friday and keep you warm, take a bit of inspiration from these looks. The best advice for anyone wanting to stay dressed for the occasion is layering. As you can see from Honor, throwing a turtleneck or other long-sleeved collared blouse will be your safest bet to bundle up chicly. Who says you have to sacrifice romance for warmth?
1. Solange Reveals The Puma Girls Of Blaze Collection1 of 14
2. You Can Rock Them With Feathers2 of 14
3. You Can Rock These With Your Undies!3 of 14
4. You Can Rock These With Your Girls4 of 14
5. You Can Rock Them While Pretending To Golf5 of 14
6. You Can Rock Them At The Olympic Opening Ceremony6 of 14
7. You Can Rock Them In Groups7 of 14
8. You Can Rock Them In The Car8 of 14
9. You Can Rock Them In The Library9 of 14
10. You Can Rock Them With Afros10 of 14
11. You Can Rock Them Multiple Times11 of 14
12. You Don't Have To Rock Them12 of 14
13. You Can Rock Them With Your Feet Up13 of 14
14. You Can Rock Them With Fancy Pants14 of 14