It looks like Keyshia Cole has been taking tax advice from Lauryn Hill.
According to sources, the “I Should Have Cheated” singer skipped out on paying Uncle Sam during one of her biggest money-making years. Radar Online reports she failed to pay taxes in 2009, the year she embarked on her very first headlining tour, A Different Me Tour, featuring opening acts like TLC, Lil Kim and The-Dream. As a result, the State of Georgia filed a lien against Keyshia last November, stating she owes a whopping $162,158.93.
The IRS threatened to seize her property if she does not pay off the debt soon. “We have made a demand for payment of this liability, but it remains unpaid,” the documents states. “Therefore, there is a lien in favor of the United States on all property and rights to property belonging to this taxpayer for the amount of the taxes and additional penalties, interest and costs that may accrue.”
The 32-year-old is having a rough year. Word on the street is her marriage to baller Daniel “Booby” Gibson is also on the rocks.
It’s time to change your circle and hire a new accountant, Keysh!
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery
IRS Hit List of Celebrity Tax Evaders
1. 1. Kelly Rowland is in a dilemma with the IRS. Rowland owes $100K to the tax man.
2. 2. Naomi Campbell owes $63K IRS debt
3. 3. Grace Jones currently owes the IRS $64K. (Photo: Retna)
4. 4. Toni Braxton filed for Chapter 7 debtor protection in 2010 and owes the IRS $400
5. 5. The IRS placed a $1.1 million tax lien against Lil Wayne. (Photo: AP)
6. 7. Wyclef Jean owes the IRS $2.1 million. (AP)
7. 8. Chris Tucker, according to the IRS owes $11.5 million in delinquent taxes. (AP)
8. 9. Swizz Beatz brought with him to his marriage to Alicia Keys, a $2.4 M tax debt..
9. 10. The IRS filed a lien against Snoop in 2009 and 2010. He owes around $598,000.
10. 11. Convicted Actor Snipes is probably the most talked about IRS celebrity debtors.
11. 12. Xzibit owes around $1 million to the IRS.
12. 13. Terrence Howard reportedly owes around $1.1 million to the IRS.
13. 14. Prince owes approximately $450,000 in Minnesota state taxes. AP
14. 15. Young Buck owed $300K and has sinced worked out a payment plan.
15. 16. Lil’ Kim owes more than $1 million in state and federal taxes.
16. 17. Nas owes more than $ 6 million in back taxes from previous years.
17. 18. Kelis joins an elite group on the IRS Hitlist. She owes over $300,000 in back taxes for the years 2004 and 2010.(PR photos)
18. 19. Lauryn Hill plead guilty for failing to file tax returns on more than $1.5 million earned from 2005-2007. (PR Photos)