1 Garlic Clove
1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Extra VirgiN Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Mango, Peeled and Cubed
1 Avocado, Diced
1/3 Cup Blanched Almonds
5 Ounces Baby Spinach
1. Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
2. Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Place in the food processor.
3. Trim cilantro leaves from the stems to measure the indicated amount. Measuring cup should be packed with leaves! Place in the food processor. Turn on the blade until garlic and cilantro are chopped.
4. Squeeze lime juice into the food processor. With motor running, pour in the honey and olive oil to create a vinaigrette. Stop motor and test seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Peel the skin off the mango. The pit is hard and rough. Slice the tender sides of the mango off the pit, then cut the flesh into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in large mixing bowl or salad serving bowl.
6. Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and twist both halves to separate. Stab the pit with the knife blade and twist to release. Use the knife tip to score the avocado crosswise in both directions, then use a spoon to scoop the flesh out in diced pieces. Place in mixing bowl with mango.
1. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and toast until golden brown and fragrant, about 5-7 minutes. Shake pan often to prevent burning.
2. Add spinach to the bowl of mango and avocado. Drizzle with the honey-cilantro vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
3. Scatter toasted almonds over the spinach and mango salad and serve!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Also On HelloBeautiful:
These Are What Beautiful Black Bodies Look Like...
1. Beautiful Black Bodies
Black women come in all shapes, builds and skin tones. We take pride in our curves, six packs and svelte silhouettes. Let's just say, we keep it fierce at all times! In celebrations of our gorgeous, scroll through this gallery of stunning Black celebs showing off their fabulous figures.