2 Tablespoons Raw Walnuts
¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
10 Ounces Goat Cheese
½ Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 Tablespoon Shallots, Finely Chopped
1 Cup Artichoke Hearts, Canned In Water, Strained and Finely Chopped
½ Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
¼ Cup Roasted Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Cups Baby Arugula
½ Tablespoon Fresh lemon Juice
1. Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
2. Add the walnuts to the food processor and process until finely chopped.
3. Trim parsley leaves from the stems to measure the indicated amount. Add to the walnuts in the food processor and process until finely chopped.
4. Add the goat cheese, sherry vinegar, kosher salt and black pepper to the food processor with the chopped walnuts and parsley. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
5. Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Mince the garlic.
6. Peel and finely chop a shallot to measure the indicated amount.
7. Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
8. Pick thyme leaves off the stems and finely chop to measure the indicated amount. Add to the artichoke hearts.
9. Finely chop the roasted red peppers to measure the indicated amount.
10. Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
11. Use paper towels to brush any dirt off the mushrooms. Remove the stems, then rub each mushroom cap with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared sheet pan gills up.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and warm.
3. Once oil is warm, add the chopped shallots and thyme. Saute until shallot is softened and translucent. Do not brown.
4. Add the chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper and garlic to the shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3-5 minutes to incorporate the flavors, stirring often.
5. Place the sheet pan of mushrooms in the oven. Roast until mushrooms are tender, about 13-15 minutes.
6. Let the mushroom caps cool for about 5 minutes so they are easy to handle.
7. Place the baby arugula in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
8. Divide the goat cheese and walnut mixture equally among all the mushrooms caps, spreading it evenly on the gill side of each mushroom.
9. Place one mushroom with cheese on each dinner plate, cheese side up. Top with a scoop of roasted red pepper and artichoke mixture. Place another mushroom on top with the cheese side up. Add another scoop of the roasted red pepper and artichoke mixture.
10. Finish each stack off with a handful of the dressed arugula. Ready to serve!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"