Danielle Young boldly tells stories with heart, sass and humor. She peppers her writing with her larger-than-life personality, sharing her hilarious thoughts on pop culture, lifestyle topics and anything that affects Black women. Danielle loves words and strings them together to create multimedia content that will tug at your heart strings or give you belly-hurting laughs. Give her iced chai lattes, cheese and Netflix so she knows it's real. Danielle is pretty, witty, girl, worldly. She's one who likes to party, but comes home early. @rhapsodani
1. Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
2. Pack the measuring cup with basil leaves and place in the food processor. Process until leaves are finely chopped, then stop and scrape down the sides.
3. Peel cucumbers, roughly chop, then place in the food processor.
4. Peel green apples, roughly chop (discarding the core), and add to the food processor. Process until ingredients are finely chopped, then stop and scrape the sides again.
5. Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and twist both halves to separate. Stab the pit with the knife blade and twist to release. Scoop flesh into the food processor. Reserve a few chunks for final garnish, if desired. Add champagne vinegar and olive oil. Process until mixture is smooth.
6. With motor running, drizzle in a little cold water, enough so water mixture is loose but not watered down. Let food processor run until soup is well pureed. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then pour into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the rest of your meal is ready.
7. If garnishing with tomato, cut into small dice.
1. Ladle cucumber gazpacho into soup bowls. Garnish with diced tomato or other preferred toppings and serve cold!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.
We don't have to tell you how much we love our FLOTUS, or how much we swoon over her who and what she's wearing. We've followed her every fashionable move since the Obamas entered the White House. In celebration of Michelle Obama's impeccable style, here are some of her most memorable looks she's ever rocked, beginning with this weekend's CBCF look. Check it out.