½ Cup Fresh Mint, Finely Chopped
½ Cup Buttermilk
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
½ Teaspoon Celery Salt
1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
1/3 Cup Blanched Almonds, Roughly Chopped
1 Cup Seedless Red Grapes
¾ Pound Brussels Sprouts, Trimmed and Shredded
1 Cup Fennel, Shredded
2 Green Apples, Shredded
4 Ounces Parmesan Cheeses, Shaved
1. Pick the mint leaves off the stems and finely chop. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, celery salt and white wine vinegar to the fresh mint. Whisk until well combined, season with salt and pepper to taste, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Roughly chop almonds, or place in a durable plastic bag and use a heavy kitchen object, like a rolling pin or soup can, to crush the nuts.
4. Slice the grapes in half and place in a large mixing bowl.
5. Cut the root end off each Brussels sprout and peel away any bruised or damaged outer leaves. Use a mandoline with the shredder attachment to shave the sprouts thinly. You can also use the wide-tooth side of a grater, or chop finely with a knife. Add to bowl of grapes.
6. Cut the stalks and bottom end off the fennel, then cut in half from top to bottom. Remove the core and discard the stalks. Use the mandoline to shave the fennel very thinly to measure the indicated amount. Add to grapes and sprouts.
7. Use the mandoline to thinly shred the green apples. Be careful not to shred the core.
1. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat. Add crushed almonds and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 5-7 minutes. Shake pan often to prevent burning. Transfer to clean plate to cool.
2. Use a grater, mandoline or vegetable peeler to shave off pieces of Parmesan cheese into the bowl of sprouts. Drizzle minted buttermilk dressing over the top and add cooled almonds, then toss to combine.
3. Transfer the Brussels sprout salad with buttermilk dressing to a large serving bowl or dinner plates. Ready to eat!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Also On HelloBeautiful:
1. Lady O
We don't have to tell you how much we love our FLOTUS, or how much we swoon over her who and what she's wearing. We've followed her every fashionable move since the Obamas entered the White House. In celebration of Michelle Obama's impeccable style, here are some of her most memorable looks she's ever rocked, beginning with this weekend's CBCF look. Check it out.