Danielle Young boldly tells stories with heart, sass and humor. She peppers her writing with her larger-than-life personality, sharing her hilarious thoughts on pop culture, lifestyle topics and anything that affects Black women. Danielle loves words and strings them together to create multimedia content that will tug at your heart strings or give you belly-hurting laughs. Give her iced chai lattes, cheese and Netflix so she knows it's real. Danielle is pretty, witty, girl, worldly. She's one who likes to party, but comes home early. @rhapsodani
1. Cut the stem end off each Brussels sprout. Remove and discard any bruised or damaged outer leaves. Cut large sprouts in quarters and smaller sprouts in half.
2. If you purchased whole walnuts, roughly chop them to measure the indicated amount.
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and warm.
2. Once oil is warm, add the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper, then saute until they start to caramelize, about 7-10 minutes. Stir often.
3. Once sprouts start to caramelize, pour in the veggie stock. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, then cook until sprouts are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 3-4 minutes. Continue to stir often.
4. Once sprouts are tender and liquid is absorbed, remove the foil and stir in the butter, brown sugar, walnuts and dried cranberries. Cook until butter is melted and the brown sugar has made a nice glaze over the sprouts. Stir often, then remove from heat.
5. Transfer the brown sugar sprouts with cranberries and walnuts to a serving dish or dinner plates. Serve warm!
Cooking Planit is a website and mobile app that provides you with step-by-step instructions to create full meals with every dish ready to serve at the same time. Essentially a “GPS for the kitchen,” the app also provides options to filter recipes by main ingredient, occasion and dietary restriction. Each of the 600 chef-tested recipes displays a full list of ingredients and necessary cooking utensils, enabling everyone– from the experienced to the curious – to discover new flavors with minimal fuss and maximum success.