UPDATE: 11/14/13, 4:32 P.M. ET:
Watch President Obama‘s full address on the ACA below:
Click here for complete transcript.
The White House also sent a letter to insurance commissioners detailing the administrative fix for people whose policies were cancelled under Obamacare.
Read it below via TalkingPointsMemo.com:
President Barack Obama will speak on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) today at 11:35 a.m. EST, the White House said Thursday morning.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said that the president plans to address the law’s cancellation issues that have both critics and supporters accusing the POTUS of being dishonest about the law’s scope.
MUST READ: 3 Reasons Obamacare Is Important For Women
As far back as 2009, President Obama assured voters that if they had a healthcare policy and doctor that they liked, then they would be able to keep it. Despite the GOP claiming otherwise, he insisted in a speech on health reform that, “no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.”
This has not been the case for some people.
Approximately 14 million people have received cancellation notices, said Medicare chief Marilyn Tavenner. But that has nothing to do with the administration, and everything to do with the insurance carriers. Whether the White House is to blame for the cancellations is not the point, however; whether or not President Obama knew this would happen and said otherwise is what the GOP is salivating over.
Even though officials state that people who get cancellation notices will be able to find better replacement plans, in some cases for less, in an interview with NBC News on Nov. 7, President Barack Obama apologized to the American people.
“I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me,” the president said in the interview.
See interview clip below:
Watch President Obama’s speech on Obamacare live below:
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
The World Reacts to President Obama’s Win
1. 1. People in El Pais, Spain celebrated the victory of President Obama. (AP)
2. 2. Muslim students pose shortly after voting in the mock US election held in the Philippines.
3. 3. Indian students react to results on TV during an event organized by the U.S. embassy in New Delhi, India.
4. 4. A moment later, the Indian students erupt into cheers for the re-election of President Obama.
5. 5. A sand sculpture on the beach in Puri, India is created offering congratulations to the President.
6. 6. Sarah Obama, step-grandmother of President Obama, waves her walking cane in celebration. (AP)
7. 7. Students from the school where Obama studied in Jakarta, Indonesia hold up a poster of him. (AP)
8. 8. An American supporter of President Barack Obama holds a flag and sports a T-shirt in Bangalore, India. (AP)
9. 9. U.S citizens celebrate U.S. presidential election results in Mumbai, India. (AP)
10. 10. A Kenyan supporter of President Barack Obama cheers as he watches a broadcast showing that Obama has won. (AP)
11. 11. A U.S. citizen reacts as he watches the live telecast of presidential election results in Mumbai, India. (AP)
12. 12. Villagers celebrate in the village of Kogelo, home to Sarah Obama the step-grandmother of the President. (AP)
13. 13. U.S. embassy staff, Iraqi guests & ambassadors listen to the speech of President in Baghdad. (AP)
14. 14. President Obama supporters in Turkey cheer after hearing the results that he has been re-elected.
15. 15. Indian Muslim students pose for photographs near cutout of President Obama. (AP)
16. 16. President Obama supporters celebrate upon hearing the presidential election results in Singapore.
17. 17. Italian Democrats celebrate President Obama’s win in Rome. (AP)
18. 18. U.S. citizens break into a dance as President Barack Obama’s win becomes certain in New Delhi, India.
19. 19. Indian students have their picture taken a President Obama cardboard cutout in New Delhi.
20. 20. A Muslim woman poses for a photo with a cutout of President Obama celebrating his win in Jakarta, Indonisia.
21. 21. President Obama supporters react upon hearing the presidential election results in Holland. (AP)
22. 22. President Obama supporters react upon hearing the presidential election results in Japan. (AP)
23. 23. Supporters in Chicago react to the election results for President Barack Obama. (AP)
24. 24. Arizona Democrats celebrate as President Obama is declared the winner of the presidential race.
25. 25. Supporters wave flags during President Barack Obama’s election night party in Chicago. (AP)