Peter Gunz earned the title of America’s most hated reality star when it was revealed on “Love & Hip Hop” NY that he married his artist Amina Buddafly behind his baby’s mother Tara Wallace’s back. Peter was still living with Tara at the time but admitted that they hit a dark spot in their relationship when he began sleeping with Amina.
As a woman, who has been cheated on, my innate response to the love triangle was to hate Peter and everything he stood for. How dare he treat Tara that way and I cursed his and Amina’s name. I was expecting the worse from him and anticipating our interview all at the same time.
When Peter arrived to the office, I was expecting an entourage, security maybe and at least a few flashy pieces of jewelry to reiterate to the world that he is famous…again. Instead Gunz, dressed humbly in a jacket and book bag walked in, telling us a story about his train ride. A high school girl had cursed him out for all the things I too wanted to scold him for. He laughed about it and greeted us all like he’s never sold a record, let alone platinum single, in his life.
Peter was surprisingly pleasant. I guess I was expecting his personality and demeanor to reflect a lying, cheating a**hole, but it didn’t. However, that didn’t change my mind–he did what he did and I was going to grill him for it.
During our 30-minute sit down, Peter revealed that his father too had multiple girlfriends and because of that, he never thought his situation was abnormal until he watched it on TV. And that’s when he stared into his lap and admitted, he needs help.
Among other things, Peter admitted that he regrets marrying Amina because he should have worked it out with Tara.
Watch part 1 of our interview and see Peter Gunz clarify and tell the truth about his situation, once and for all! Stay tuned for part 2 where he gives his raw explanation for missing the “Love & Hip Hop” NY premiere.
Tweet me and let me know your thoughts @HB_Shamika
EXCLUSIVE: 7 Ratchet Quotes From The 'LHHNY' Premiere
1. Tara Williams, Yandy Smith, Rich Dollaz, Tahiry, Joe Budden, Erica Mena, Cyn Santana; Amina BuddaflySource:Stephen Knight 1 of 19
2. Erica Mena, Cyn Santana, Erica Jean, Tahiry, Amina Buddafly, Nya LeeSource:Stephen Knight 2 of 19
3. Nya Lee3 of 19
4. Joe Budden4 of 19
5. TahirySource:HelloBeautiful 5 of 19
6. Mona Scott-YoungSource:HelloBeautiful 6 of 19
7. Yandy SmithSource:HelloBeautiful 7 of 19
8. Erica MenaSource:Stephen Knight 8 of 19
9. Cyn SantanaSource:Stephen Knight 9 of 19
10. K. MichelleSource:Stephen Knight 10 of 19
11. Tara WilliamsSource:HelloBeautiful 11 of 19
12. Tara WilliamsSource:HelloBeautiful 12 of 19
13. Amina Buddafly13 of 19
14. Erica JeanSource:HelloBeautiful 14 of 19
15. SaigonSource:HelloBeautiful 15 of 19
16. Saigon & Erica Jean16 of 19
17. Erica Jean & TahirySource:HelloBeautiful 17 of 19
18. Rich DollazSource:HelloBeautiful 18 of 19
19. Rich Dollaz, Cyn Santana, Erica Mena19 of 19
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities: