Why is that we always want what we don’t have? Back in the days when I wore shoulder-length straight hair, I wanted curly hair–a looser curl that had a ton of body and shine to it. But how to achieve that look was anyone’s guess.
From sponge rollers, which always left a dent, to small-barreled hair curling irons that always seemed to leave nasty burns on my delicate digits I just wasn’t getting the results I wanted–the kind that didn’t involve my hair stylist Mom and plenty of at-home curling blunders.
Fast-forward to present day and here we have Infiniti Pro Curl Secret by Conair ($99.99, Ulta Stores and online). A tool that looks a little scary until you get up close and personal to understand it’s capabilities. This system is basically fool-proof, unless you’re me who got a few strands stuck in the ceramic chamber at testing time. Tzzzhe chamber that churns out the most lovely curls I must say when you finally get the hang of this tool. Don’t be alarmed ladies, I recovered the entire length of those strands without further incident.
‘Infiniti’ is one of my “Best in Tools” because it really does make getting extraordinary curls rather easy. The benefits? There’s no wear and tear on your shoulders and you won’t suffer from finger burn as a result of using this hair tool.
If you don’t view the video, then follow these steps to attain your dream ‘do:
Step 1: Start with tangle-free, clean, dry hair.
Step 2: Make sure the Curl Chamber is facing your head.
Step 3: Open the handles and place a 1-½ section of hair in the Curl Chamber.
Step 4: Close the handles and watch as your hair is automatically drawn into the device and comes out 8-12 seconds later (you choose the time) with a beautifully-formed spiral curl.
Step 5: Once you hear four rapid succession beeps, open the handles and release that section of hair and repeat until your entire head is completed.
For those of you concerned with whether ‘Infiniti’ will burn your hair? Don’t be. It heats up to 400 F and stops sending heat to your hair after a maximum of 12 seconds in the curl chamber.
The verdict: B+. ‘Infiniti’ does take some getting used to, but when you’ve finally mastered the ways of this machine, you’ll be a curling aficionado.
1. Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair1 of 50
2. Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave in Conditioner 8.5 Oz2 of 50
3. Miss Jessie's Quick Curls3 of 50
4. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil4 of 50
5. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner5 of 50
6. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel6 of 50
7. Carol's Daughter Monoi Collection7 of 50
8. Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir Fortifying Scalp Spray and Restoring Oil8 of 50
9. Kinky Curly Knot Today9 of 50
10. Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Texture Manageability System10 of 50
11. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls11 of 50
12. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner12 of 50
13. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar13 of 50
14. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner14 of 50
15. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner15 of 50
16. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo16 of 50
17. Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Creme17 of 50
18. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner18 of 50
19. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner19 of 50
20. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo20 of 50
21. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo21 of 50
22. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo22 of 50
23. Motions Hair Naturally You Products23 of 50
24. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner24 of 50
25. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel25 of 50
26. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo26 of 50
27. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter27 of 50
28. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray28 of 50
29. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo29 of 50
30. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged30 of 50
31. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel31 of 50
32. AG Re:coil32 of 50
33. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper33 of 50
34. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite34 of 50
35. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue35 of 50
36. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier36 of 50
37. Aussie Moist Shampoo37 of 50
38. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel38 of 50
39. Moroccanoil Shampoo39 of 50
40. Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner40 of 50
41. Moroccanoil Hair Treatment41 of 50
42. Softsheen Carson Optimum Amla Legend Billion Hair Potion42 of 50
43. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment43 of 50
44. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner44 of 50
45. Yarok Hair45 of 50
46. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner46 of 50
47. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner47 of 50
48. Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner48 of 50
49. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry Skin49 of 50
50. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Conditioner50 of 50