How many times have you visited the Louis Vuitton, Tori Burch, Burberry and Hermes websites, and died a little inside when you saw the prices? So, you go to Craigslist, Amazon or eBay to find a cheaper version? In today’s luxury marketplace, numerous online merchandisers create and sell knockoff items. So, unfortunately, there are more fakes than ever. If you are shopping on any of those sites, you should be careful when purchasing designer handbags and know that you may be looking at a counterfeit.
The licensed appraisers of Pawngo, the first full-service online pawn shop in the US, recommend the following 5 tips for spotting a counterfeit designer bag:
- Fit and finish is key! A bag shouldn’t have sloppy seams or sewing, especially inside. Closely inspect the details of zippers, stitching and hardware.
- Check the spellings and logos. If there is a typographical error on the inner tag, or on the outside or inside of the bag, it is a fake.
- Research the retail value of brand new designer bags and see if the item in question matches up in price.
- Check the material. If the leather isn’t heavy isn’t heavy like leather should be it’s not real or poorly made meaning it’s not real. Also, if it’s supposed to be durable canvas, it should be strong and well stitched, not thin and flimsy.
- How your bag wears in can be a sign of its authenticity. The leather on the handle, after a few weeks, should look like a good worn leather jacket does and have an “aged look”. Additionally, stitching should stay intact and not begin to fray and zipper handles that fall off early on indicate a fake.
The Best Celeb Style Pics Of The Week
1. Jessica White1 of 22
2. Ciara2 of 22
3. Naomi Campbell3 of 22
4. Angela Simmons4 of 22
5. Adrienne Bailon5 of 22
6. Chanel Iman & ASAP Rocky6 of 22
7. Chanel Iman7 of 22
8. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend8 of 22
9. Alicia Quarles9 of 22
10. Joan Smalls10 of 22
11. June Ambrose11 of 22
12. Jessica White12 of 22
13. Rocsi Diaz13 of 22
14. Rita Ora14 of 22
15. Jourdan Dunn15 of 22
16. Rihanna16 of 22
17. Kerry Washington17 of 22
18. Queen Latifah18 of 22
19. Mary J Blige19 of 22
20. Lala Anthony20 of 22
21. Jennifer Hudson21 of 22
22. Cassie & The Ciroc Girls22 of 22
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style & Beauty Trends