How many times have you visited the Louis Vuitton, Tori Burch, Burberry and Hermes websites, and died a little inside when you saw the prices? So, you go to Craigslist, Amazon or eBay to find a cheaper version? In today’s luxury marketplace, numerous online merchandisers create and sell knockoff items. So, unfortunately, there are more fakes than ever. If you are shopping on any of those sites, you should be careful when purchasing designer handbags and know that you may be looking at a counterfeit.
The licensed appraisers of Pawngo, the first full-service online pawn shop in the US, recommend the following 5 tips for spotting a counterfeit designer bag:
- Fit and finish is key! A bag shouldn’t have sloppy seams or sewing, especially inside. Closely inspect the details of zippers, stitching and hardware.
- Check the spellings and logos. If there is a typographical error on the inner tag, or on the outside or inside of the bag, it is a fake.
- Research the retail value of brand new designer bags and see if the item in question matches up in price.
- Check the material. If the leather isn’t heavy isn’t heavy like leather should be it’s not real or poorly made meaning it’s not real. Also, if it’s supposed to be durable canvas, it should be strong and well stitched, not thin and flimsy.
- How your bag wears in can be a sign of its authenticity. The leather on the handle, after a few weeks, should look like a good worn leather jacket does and have an “aged look”. Additionally, stitching should stay intact and not begin to fray and zipper handles that fall off early on indicate a fake.
1. Jessica White
The Mabelline spokesmodel gets flirty in purple at The Box And Paper Magazine Presents Coleman's Single Release Party.
The singer was spotted out during New York Fashion Week rocking a pair of FIERCE thigh-high boots.
3. Naomi Campbell
The Supermodel debuts a super-chic short bob for the 2013 Novak Djokovic Benefit Dinner.
4. Angela Simmons
The new fashion designer debut before a packed house in a sleek red curve-hugging gown.
5. Adrienne Bailon
The TV talk show host was spotted at the Nanette Lepore fashion show in an adorbs plum cocktail dress. But can we talk about her new hair!? LOVES IT.
6. Chanel Iman & ASAP Rocky
I think it's safe to assume these two are lovebirds! So adorbs...
7. Chanel Iman
The Victoria's Secret model went Olivia Pope on us, and I love it!
8. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend
Aww, celebrity couples holding hands warms my soul (and those pumps Chrissy is rocking aren't too bad either)!
9. Alicia Quarles
The E! corespondent brings a little "Great Gatsby" back with her loose fitting dress and statement necklace.
10. Joan Smalls
I mean, what's the skirt for Joan, LOL. Love her though.
11. June Ambrose
I'd love to peek inside June's closet. I think I could fit her shoes?! She look fresh and fabulous in this LBD.
12. Jessica White
In case you are wondering, Olivia Pope-white is the new thing!
13. Rocsi Diaz
The E! reporter is giving me tomboy chic and I adore it!
14. Rita Ora
Music's newest sensation is hitting the fashion world with more than we can handle. She was spotted out at the #DKNY 25 Anniversary party in the hottest trend ever--Black & White!
15. Jourdan Dunn
Did you know Jourdan Dunn could throw down in the kitchen? You'd never be able to guess from this amazing number she wore at GQ's Men Of The Year party.
Here's that black and white trend we love! I'm telling you beauties, its a thing.
17. Kerry Washington
The "Scandal" starlet was spotting during fashion week wearing, of course, Olivia Pope-whte!
18. Queen Latifah
The entertainment mogul is gearing up for her new talk show. She was spotted headed into the studio in a curve-hugging red jumpsuit.
19. Mary J Blige
20. Lala Anthony
21. Jennifer Hudson
22. Cassie & The Ciroc Girls
Cassie hosts a night at the museum the Atlanta launch of the all new Ciroc Amaretto presented by Prophecy Events
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style & Beauty Trends