New details about the death of Cory Monteith were released today. Sources confirm that the “Glee” star suffered from an accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol.
According to the British Columbia Coroners Service, the actor’s autopsy and toxicological analysis showed a “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.”
MUST READ: Celebs Who Died Of Drug Overdoses [PHOTOS]
“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the coroner’s office released in a statement. “There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
Cory’s body was found by staff members at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, and according to Canadian authorities, “there was evidence in the room that was consistant of a drug overdose.”
“Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death,” the Coroners Service said. “On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.”
Before his death, the 31-year-old admitted that he had struggled with drugs and alcohol since he his adolescence.
He completed a rehab program last April.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery