Summertime is officially creeping up on our back porches, and with a vicious vengeance. Even though we’ve been greeted with cooler temperatures this week, we all remember when it was too hot for anything but our summer maxi dresses. The beaches will soon be filled with loads of skimpy bikinis and speedos (aren’t you excited)!
MUST READ: Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
But while we’re suntanning, researchers believe that increasing UV exposure from tanning (both outdoors and at salons) may be causing a spike in Melanoma cases in women under 50. Yes that’s me and you!
While sunblock is an obvious choice, there’s a few things you can do to keep your skin clear, smooth and healthy this summer. Check it out!
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing, and a hat with a brim to protect head, face, and back of neck from direct light.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV exposure that can cause irritation and cataracts. Remember that sunlight can bounce off sand and concrete, which can be hazardous if your eyes aren’t protected.
- Carry an umbrella to help protect your eyes and skin, and keep cool.
- Schedule outdoor activities in the morning or evening to avoid the midday sun. In particular, reduce outdoor activities between 10:00AM and 4:00PM.
- Use water-resistant sunscreen and apply when your body is dry and cool. Don’t wait until after you are sweaty or wet because the lotion will not adhere to your skin as well.
- Avoid sunscreens with added insect repellent, sprays, or powders. Stick to good old-fashioned SPF 30 lotion and apply generously.
- Limit your time in the sun. Remember that while sunscreen may protect you from sunburn, no sunscreen – regardless of how high the SPF rating – can protect you from other kinds of skin and eye damage caused by overexposure.
- Opt for shade. Whether you sit under a tree, awning, gazebo, or beach umbrella, it’s important to have shade accessible wherever you go.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration and overexposure to sunshine and hot summer temperatures can cause heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Generously coat babies and young children with sunscreen. Make sure babies and young children are also covered with light-colored clothing, hats, and shoes.
Follow me on twitter: @gorgeousingrey
As a bonus for you beauties, here’s a super amazing giveaway that you must enter!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style And Beauty Trends
1. 2bstores Taylor Flat Sandal ($35)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/183M4LZ
2. Vince Camuto Ryker Flat ($51)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/13Gkxdc
3. Vince Camuto Ebi Flat ($89)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/12tcQLJ
4. TopShop Black Cat Sandal ($190)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/19JICV5
5. Steve Madden Sunkiss Sandal ($70)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/183NpCx
6. Schutz Alexia Sandal ($205)
Shop It Here: http://piprl.me/ZPOlH9
7. Rebecca Minkoff Bettina Red Hot Sandal ($105)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/19JJgSz
8. Nine West Hakuna Caged Sandal ($85)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/1208ydh
9. New Look Limited Black Panel Sandal ($61)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/13lZnlM
10. Miz Mooz Mali Sandal ($90)
Shop It Here: http://piprl.me/11ipQfX
11. Max Studio Flat Snakeskin Sandal ($248)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/Zu3gEt
12. ASOS Park Lane Yellow Flat Sandal ($51)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/ZPRK8E
13. Massimo Dutti Flat Studded Sandal ($128)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/19JKLA7
14. Marc by Marc Jacobs Fluorescent Yellow Leather Sandal ($120)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/11pB2v6
15. Mango Metallic Strappy Sandal ($60)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/15KPvmr
16. Truth Or Dare by Madonna ($130)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/14hMkmg
17. Madison Harding Jessie Sandal ($139)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/10nG4I2
18. Karen Millen Leopard Print Sandal ($65)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/15C5en9
19. Mia Livi Gladiator Sandal ($50)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/11sn8Zs
20. Wanted Acapulco Flat Sandal ($39)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/10ZHdmG
21. Dolce Vita Delmy ($109)
Shop It Here: http://piprl.me/10R4Dho
22. Carlos Santana Serengeti Sandal ($50)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/13asHKp
23. Carlos by Carlos Santana Flavia Gladiator Sandal ($50)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/11snG1k
24. Ancient Greek Sandal ($235)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/13atpXO
25. Alexandre Birman Black Radisha Sandal ($165)
Shop It Here: http://bit.ly/11irMEY