You wouldn’t wear stilettos to the beach, and you wouldn’t wear a bikini top as a bra (actually this is acceptable in some cases), so make sure you are rocking the right kicks for your workout. I’ve kissed a few workout shoe frogs and can say that I have met the perfect prince worthy pair for any sweaty scenario. So keep reading and get ready to meet Mr. Right.
Mr. Iron Pumper (For The Weight Room)
If you spend most of your sweaty time snuggled up in the weight room, then you are going to want to cop a pair of kicks that provide a strong and stable base. Your running shoes don’t stand a chance (too much cushiony compression)…unless they are a minimalist pair and therefore low to the ground. Another great option are surprisingly your oh so popular Chuck Taylors by Converse. Their hard soled bottoms allow you to feel more grounded during squats, dead lifts etc. and the mid foot and heel area of your feet can drive into the floor more efficiently.
Mr. Kick Ball Step (For Gym Classes)
If you are addicted to cardio or strength based studio classes then a supportive cross training style is your winning pair. With the constant jumping, shimming, and shuffling that takes place in these Top 40 powered workouts, you are going to want a dance partner that can keep up. The toe box should be wide, the weight of them should be light, the grip must be on point and the ankle should be supported. My absolute favorite are the Nike Free TR Fit. They meet all the specs above and are too cute too boot. So let them take the lead and get ready to sweat the calories away.
Mr. Catch Me If You Can (For Treadmill Or Trail Running)
If running is your main squeeze, then you are going to need a supportive hunk of a pair that can clock some serious mileage (without complaints). Running shoes dominate the athletic shoe game, so pick wisely. First step is knowing your gait (how you run). Your feet are just as unique as your personality, therefore proper support is needed. Don’t just pick the cutest pair in the crowd. Rolling with the wrong pair can lead to serious injuries in the long run. So make it your mission to weed out the weasels and find your sole mate. When it comes to runners needing support/guidance I always pass along my homeboy Mizuno Wave Inspire 9. This pair is the perfect blind date option. Super supportive, yet flexible and cushiony. And when my high arch having friends come looking for running dating advice I throw my best buddy Asics GT-2000 series their way. All the ladies love them!
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
More Fitness Tips!
Check Out This Awesome Gallery Of Fit Celebs!
1. Stacey DashSource:Getty 1 of 21
2. Shemar MooreSource:Getty 2 of 21
3. RihannaSource:Getty 3 of 21
4. Hope SoloSource:Getty 4 of 21
5. Morris ChestnutSource:Getty 5 of 21
6. Janet JacksonSource:Getty 6 of 21
7. Dwight HowardSource:Getty 7 of 21
8. ChilliSource:Getty 8 of 21
9. Tony ParkerSource:Getty 9 of 21
10. BeyonceSource:Getty 10 of 21
11. Kelly RowlandSource:Getty 11 of 21
12. Kerry WashingtonSource:Getty 12 of 21
13. Angela SimmonsSource:Getty 13 of 21
14. Blake GriffinSource:Getty 14 of 21
15. Evelyn LozadaSource:Getty 15 of 21
16. Jada Pinkett SmithSource:Getty 16 of 21
17. Dwayne WadeSource:Getty 17 of 21
18. CiaraSource:Getty 18 of 21
19. Regina KingSource:Getty 19 of 21
20. Omari HardwickSource:Getty 20 of 21
21. Lance GrossSource:Getty 21 of 21
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!