University of Colorado at Colorado Springs is offering a “Rape Aggression Defense” class to help the women of their campus combat would-be rapists. The University recently issued an updated their public safety advisory. The newer version features some interesting tips for women to ward off potential rapists. The tips range everywhere from urinating on the rapist to menstruating on him.
The tips have since been removed from the site, but are included in the university’s free course. Well, that’s helpful. While some of these tips are completely ridiculous, there are many like, screaming, don’t look back and fighting back that are applicable in the case of an attack.
Check out the 10 shocking tips below:
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
- Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
Simplifying defenses to rape may seem insensitive and shocking upon first reading, but honestly these are tactics are as solid as you can get. There’s not many ways to combat rape. It’s a surprise attack and people all react differently to that type of adrenaline-rushing moment. I wouldn’t know what to do if I was ever attacked. I’m not so sure I’d even be able to think.
What do you beauties think? Answer our poll below:
Check Out This Video Below:
Follow HelloBeautiful On Twitter!