• Clarify that no federal law prohibits doctors or other health care providers from contacting authorities when patients threaten to use violence.
• Give local communities the opportunity to hire up to 1,000 school resource officers and counselors.
• Require federal law enforcement to trace all recovered guns.
• Propose regulations that will enable law enforcement to run complete background checks before returning firearms that have been seized.
• Direct the Justice Department to analyze information on lost and stolen guns and make that information available to law enforcement.
• Provide training for state and local law enforcement, first responders and school officials on how to handle active-shooter situations.
• Make sure every school has a comprehensive emergency management plan.
• Help ensure that young people get needed mental health treatment.
• Ensure that health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.
• Encourage development of new technology to make it easier for gun owners to safely use and store their guns.
• Have the Consumer Product Safety Commission assess the need for new safety standards for gun locks and gun safes.
• Launch a national campaign about responsible gun ownership.
Follow Hellobeautiful On Twitter!
More On Gun Control:
Check Out This Gallery: