Have you ever had a day where you are rippin’ and runnin’ non stop and when you finally lay down to go to bed (if you even can get to bed) you still have a million things you haven’t crossed off your to do list? As moms, we all seem to have this never-ending to do list but when do we say enough is enough?! Let’s be honest, most of the craziness we feel during the day is self-inflicted. Yes, I said it. We are causing the trauma.
Take this into consideration moms everything does not have to be done in one day, everything is not a priority and everyone does not have to hear the word “Yes” from you! I know first-hand how beneficial a “to do” list can be and I also know how it can ruin my day because I put way too much “busy stuff” on it. Here are some quick tips to help you organize your life and tackle that to do list the right way!
1. What are your top priorities? Everything in life isn’t a priority and some things can be cut off completely. Think about your top priorities and goals for the month and year; Your daily to do list should reflect that. Don’t overwhelm yourself with putting 10+ things on your list each day.
2. Prioritize your to do list. Some tasks can take longer than others and some are more important. Crossing easy tasks off your list doesn’t mean that you are being productive. Crossing off the most important and time sensitive items means you are being productive. Try labeling your list by A, B and C priorities.
A being urgent and time sensitive
B being something that needs to be done but won’t have penalties if you don’t get it done
C being something that you would like to do but has no sense of urgency.
3. Multitasking is great but so is focus. Do one thing at a time and stick to it until it is done! The goal is to be able to cross off things at the end if the day, not say that they are in progress.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With MommyBeautiful!
4. Get into the habit of saying NO. You can’t do everything for everyone, period. Go back to your top priorities and think about those whenever someone asks you to take over a project, do something extra or simply do something you just don’t have the time for. There is nothing wrong with saying no and there is no need to feel bad about it.
5. Put your “me time” on your list. It’s easy to put your kids, jobs and businesses before yourself but it’s also easier to break down because of doing so. Schedule a work out or “me time” on that list so you can prioritize it just as much as picking up groceries.
Tweet @HelloBeautiful with your #ToDoList and tell us how you’re going to tackle it!
More MommyBeautiful Below:
Listen To This Playlist While You Tackle Your To Do List
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"