Most brides do a couple of things first. I’ve seen brides who run to the store and buy every wedding magazine on the shelf. Some brides immediately start trying on dresses. Others start zipping from one side of town to another to scope out their potential venue.
Hold up. Stop. Breathe.
Must Read: 2 Summer Events You Need To See In Philly
I always equate wedding planning to shopping for a car. You don’t just go to any and every car dealership and say, “Show me all of your cars.” You usually have a plan, or at least an idea of what you can spend. You just don’t stroll into the Mercedes dealership unless you know you have Mercedes money.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook For More Wedding Tips!
With that in mind, we’ve given you a plan…or at least the first 3 steps:
1. Figure out what your wedding budget is. It’s hard to book a venue if you don’t know how much money you have to spend. Can you afford the amazing, castle-like venue that has a $5000 room rental fee? Is that luxurious hotel with the $25,000 food and beverage minimum realistic for your budget? Sit down, do the math, determine what you can spend on the entire event before you paint a bulls-eye on your ideal venue.
2. Get an idea of your guest count. I meet brides who say their guest list will be somewhere between 150-250. Again, it’s difficult to book a venue without a pretty good idea of your guest count. Some venues might be able to easily accommodate 150 guests, but may be unable to fit 250. Sit down with your significant other and maybe your parents to figure out how many guests will be on the list. Don’t forget to include spouses in the guest count and children, if you plan to include them. Also, be REALISTIC with your guest count. Don’t make the mistake of estimating that only 150 will come, even though your list consists of close to 300. That’s a wedding day nightmare waiting to happen.
More On Weddings Below:
Listen To This Playlist While Planning Your Wedding!
Check Out This Celebrity Wedding Gallery!
Black Celebrity Weddings
1. Tamera Mowry and Adam Housely Wedding
on their wedding day, May 15, 2011, on a Napa Valley vineyard in California
2. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Wedding
3. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Wedding
Wedding day in Corsica on August 1, 2010
4. Monica and Shannon Brown Wedding
5. Adina Howard and Sherman Jordan Wedding
Adina Howard Wedding Photos...
6. Sherri Shepherd and Lamar Sally wedding
7. Chris Bosh and Adrienne Williams Wedding
8. Tiny and T.I. Wedding
9. Keyshia Cole and Daniel Gibson Wedding
Keyshia Cole marries Daniel Gibson
10. Niecy Nash and Jay Tucker Wedding
11. Khloe and Lamar Odum Wedding
12. Will and Jada Pinkett Smith Wedding
13. Brandon Marshall and Michi Nogami Wedding
Brandon Marshall and wife at their wedding