Danielle Young boldly tells stories with heart, sass and humor. She peppers her writing with her larger-than-life personality, sharing her hilarious thoughts on pop culture, lifestyle topics and anything that affects Black women. Danielle loves words and strings them together to create multimedia content that will tug at your heart strings or give you belly-hurting laughs. Give her iced chai lattes, cheese and Netflix so she knows it's real. Danielle is pretty, witty, girl, worldly. She's one who likes to party, but comes home early. @rhapsodani
She did more than give us her secrets to beauty, she explained what it means to “keep your meat neat,” suggestions for summer must-haves and just how to bring the disco to the day time.
Check out our chat with June Ambrose below!
Easy, Breezy Style Tips For Women:
1. Breathable Undergarments: You want to keep your meat neat, but you want to keep it cool. If you’re going to wear body slimmers, find lightweight ones, like Second Skin that are more porous and breathable. Then, a cotton underwear, instead of satin or something synthetic. Breathable undies will keep you much cooler.
2. Maxi Dress: These are a quintessential must-have for the season. It’s ethereal, but still sexy if you bare your shoulders and sexy skin.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With Essence Music Festival Highlights!
3. Fragrances That Aren’t Too Heavy: Go for a really beautiful smelling soap. I’m using a Caress soap that’s amazing. The scent is so good that I don’t have to layer a lot of things on. It moisturizes and gives a nice scent, so you dont have to worry over perfumes.
4. Hair: We’re always concerned about our hair, especially natural girls. Using the right moisturizer works. If you do an oil–my hairstylist, Chuckie taught me this–layer a light cream with your serum that gives you control without the weight.
5 Pieces Every Girl Should Have In Her Closet This Summer:
1. Neon is great for summer.
2. A beautiful beaded flat is comfortable and chic.
3. Kaftans are amazing. I love flowy over bodycon and you can redefine sexy. If you have it, flaunt it, yes. But me, I like things flowy and less stressful.
4. A sunhat, like a Panama or straw hat. It brings the masculine approach to feminine pieces. It makes style playful.
5. I love texture, so a day to evening snake or lizard skin clutch is a lot of fun.
June was rocking a beautiful sequin blazer, so we had to ask her–how does one pull off wearing sequins in the day time?
I bring disco to the day time! Sequin is easy to do during the day. Keep it light. Since the sun is shining, try understated sparkle. It’s fun if you do it right. And mixing patterns is fun too. You can colorblock by mixing patterns. You don’t always have to colorblock solids. If you’re heavier at the bottom, do the smaller prints at the bottom. Use smaller patterns for the areas you want to minimize.
What’s the key to mixing prints?
Start with tonal mixing. I’m mixing indigo and blue. The colors are similar and the prints are different. I’m using a smaller pattern on the bottom that’s almost like ink blots and the top is more of a hibiscus, floral print. Both prints are bold, but they don’t compete.
We absolutely love June! Check out these fun, candid shots!