So you’ve met Mr. Right. (Or Mr. Right Now.) You’re a good girl, so you’ve waited the requisite amount of time and you just know that tonight is the night you’ve been dreaming of all year/month/week/minute.
You look good, you smell good and you’re wearing the only matching lingerie set you own. All signs point to go.
You’d think with this many green lights that there’s no way a lady could mess this up. Maybe you’d think that, but you’d be wrong. Here are just a few of the ways this could go south in a hurry:
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With Your Fave Black Celebs!
1. Don’t depend on him for birth control. Yes, he should carry condoms, but ultimately it’s up to you — it’s your body and you need to keep yourself safe. I’m not saying that’s the way it should be, but the sad fact is, even the nicest seeming guy isn’t always as invested in keeping us disease and pregnancy-free. Even if you’re the kind of traditional lady who insists your date pay for everything (after all, you’re giving him the gift of your company), do not let stubbornness get in the way of your safe good time. And nothing ruins a good time like a below-the-belt itch or unplanned pregnancy.
2. For Pete’s sake, don’t cry. Some of us have a weird habit of occasionally bursting into tears during sex — it’s the rush of endorphins that does it, so blame biology! But, if there’s any way to pull yourself together the first time you make sweet love to your new boyfriend, try to. Waterworks will lead him to believe that either he hurt you–and in that case, will never again do that thing again — or he’ll think that you’re a mental case. Either way, you probably won’t be seeing him again anytime soon.
3. Leave the comparison talk at home. You know how almost every woman you know thinks she’s fat? Yeah, well most guys think they’re, ahem, less endowed than they actually are. Imagine if you thought a size zero was the way you thought you should look just because the model in Vogue was. Sigh.
To read the other three no-nos, click here!
Listen To This Sexy Playlist!
Check Out This Gallery Of Hot Couples!
1. Pharrell and Helen Lasichanh
2. Pharrell and Helen Lasichanh 
3. Will and Jada
4. Will and Jada 
5. Will and Jada 
6. LL Cool J and Simone Johnson
7. LL Cool J and Simone Johnson 
8. LL Cool J and Simone Johnson 
9. Robin Thicke and Paula Patton
10. Robin Thicke and Paula Patton 
11. Robin Thicke and Paula Patton 
12. Ashford and Simpson
13. Ashford and Simpson 
14. Ashford and Simpson 
15. Boris and Nicole
16. Boris and Nicole 
17. Boris and Nicole 
18. Barack and Michelle
19. Barack and Michelle 
20. Barack and Michelle 
21. T.I and Tiny
22. T.I and Tiny 
23. T.I and Tiny 
24. Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis
25. Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis 
26. Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis 
27. Lala and Carmelo Anthony
28. Lala and Carmelo Anthony 
29. Lala and Carmelo Anthony 
30. Oprah and Stedman
31. Oprah and Stedman 
32. Oprah and Stedman 
33. Denzel and Pauletta
34. Denzel and Pauletta 
35. Denzel and Pauletta 
36. Grant Hill and Tamia
37. Grant Hill and Tamia 
38. Grant Hill and Tamia 
39. Tempestt Bledsoe and Darryl Bell
40. Tempestt Bledsoe and Darryl Bell 
41. Tempestt Bledsoe and Darryl Bell 
42. Jay-Z and Beyonce
43. Jay-Z and Beyonce 
44. Jay-Z and Beyonce 
45. Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance
46. Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance 
47. Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance