There are plenty of ways to make grocery shopping educational for your kids. I find myself in the grocery store at least two times a week and of course with my daughter in toe. It’s not always easy shopping with her because of course she wants everything under the sun but what I have been doing lately is turning our shopping time into learning time.
The grocery story is a great place to teach your children their shapes, colors, reading, math and the list goes on. The age of your children will determine what activities you do with them. With my daughter, I started asking her to tell me colors of certain products. I also give her our shopping list so that she can start recognizing and associating words with different items.
Like HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With MommyBeautiful!
If your child is older, you can have them spell and write down the names of products or you can have them start comparing price to quantity. The activities are really endless. The point is that you can turn the dreadful trip to the grocery store to an enjoyable educational trip. Have fun and be creative, your children will thank you later.
Listen To This Playlist When Spending Time With Your Family!
Click Through This Gallery To See The Hottest Celeb Pics Of The Week!
Hottest Celeb Pics Of The Week: April 25- May 2
1. Rihanna at the Time 100 Most Influential gala1 of 11
2. Rihanna performs at the Time Most Influential gala2 of 11
3. Cassie performs on 106 & Park3 of 11
4. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom attend the grand opening of RYU4 of 11
5. Amber Rose goes casual5 of 11
6. Kelly Rowland shows off her curves in Australia6 of 11
7. Kim Kardashian attend the grand opening of RYU7 of 11
8. Solange Knowles attends the Splendid Soho Store opening8 of 11
9. Christina Milian attends Star Magazine's 'All Hollywood' event at AV Nightclub9 of 11
10. Raven Symone visit BET's "106 & Park"10 of 11
11. Jennifer Williams at her NY press conference11 of 11