George Zimmerman’s bond hearing happened this morning on CNN and during it, we heard from his mother, father, wife and Zimmerman himself took the stand to apologize to Trayvon’s parents and paint himself as an innocent, stand up citizen. However, after a while, the bond hearing started to feel like a really bad Saturday Night Live skit. The entire hearing for George Zimmerman was riddled several “WTF” moments. Check out the top five of them below.
Like HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With The Trayvon Martin Tragedy.
1. Several of Zimmerman’s family members including his wife, mother and father testified on his behalf via phone. I haven’t seen too many bond hearings personally, but is it protocol for interviewing for a bond hearing?
2. Zimmerman wanted to take some time to apologize to Trayvon Martin’s parents. He used choice words: “I wanted to say that I am sorry for the loss of your son.” That’s not a sincere apology. How about apologizing for being the person responsible for killing Trayvon?
3. Zimmerman tried to justify his fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin–not by the self-defense excuse this time, but he said, “I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know whether he was armed or not.” So all this sums up to him deserving to be shot to death?
4. Zimmerman’s attorney asked the judge to let him out of jail while he awaits trial. His attorney also asked the judge to allow Zimmerman to leave the state (while wearing a GPS bracelet). Last time I checked, when you’re under investigation, you have to stay put…in jail. Who asks the judge if they’re murdering client can just walk?
5. When asked if she’s ever seen Zimmerman angry, his wife Shellie, said that she’s never seen him angry before. How could she lie like that? People get angry. No one can claim to have never gotten angry before.
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"