Having your first child can be super scary, especially when you have to make one and a million choices on what to buy for your new bundle of joy. I remember that I purchased so many things and then actually never used any of them.
Diapers are a given, but here are many other items that I know you will definitely find useful. Also this book–Baby Bargins–is a great guide in helping you choose the right brands. The ones below are my favorites!
Like HelloBeautiful On Facebook To Keep Up With Mommy Beautiful!
2. Bjorn– My husband loves this product. It’s great if you don’t want to bring push a bulky stroller around you can just carry your baby in the Bjorn (baby sling).
3. Bibs – You can never have enough bibs.
4. Onesies – I didn’t listen when people told me to get a lot of onesies. It’s true. Get all sizes and get lots of them!
5. Bouncy Chair – These chairs are the best. They keep your little one occupied and happy! Added bonus you can actually get some work done around the house or actually take a shower. Just sit them right in front of you and you are all set. Veteran’s moms, don’t act like you didn’t do the same thing :)
6. Bedside Crib – This is a great way to have your baby right next to and not put their safety in danger. It is advised by medical professionals not to have your baby sleep with you. I suggest you follow the guidelines. I still have mine for the next baby.
7. First Aid Kit/ Creams – It’s always important to have a first aid kit around. Especially the thermometer.
8. Bottle Bag Cooler – No matter if you are breastfeeding or bottlefeeding, it’s still important to keep milk cold. The bottle bag coolers are easy and convenient. Make sure you choose the right size to fit the type of bottles you have.
9. Baby Wash /Baby Lotion – Baby wash and lotion are essential for new born babies. I am partial to Johnson & Johnson but you can use any brand you like.
10. Play Gym – This is a great tool to help your new bundles of joy to get acclimated to his/her new surroundings.
Also On HelloBeautiful:
Celebs Tweet Their Thoughts About #JusticeForSandraBland
1. Jesse Williams
#SandraBland's treatment while attempting to travel freely on HER public roadways has been acknowledged as unlawful. She is already dead.
2. Taraji P. Henson
"SAY HER NAME #SandraBland"
3. Ava DuVernay
"'Why are you arresting me?' Because you know your rights. Because I can. Because no one'll believe you. #SandraBland"
4. Kim Kardashian
#WhatHappenedToSandraBland We need answers!!!! This is NOT ok! This is all shady! They need to own up to this & tell the truth!
5. Jussie Smollet
"A loss 4 words. #SandraBlandMatters #BlackLivesMatter 👈🏿tell me this should change once the nation shows that we do. "
6. Snoop Dogg
🙏🌹. Sandra. Rip. 🌹🌹
7. K. Michelle
R.I.P to this queen. This could've been any of us. My prayers go out to her family. #sandrabland https://instagram.com/p/5fvlO_AhCf/
8. Gabrielle Union
SAY HER NAME!!! #SandraBland #SandraBland #SandraBland #SayHerName
"We must get to the cause of #sandrabland death because this CANNOT happen again #deathorfreedom"
10. David Banner
"When will we fight back. A man's duty on earth is to protect women and children. Where are the gangsters? Preachers? We need you. Please."
11. Nicki Minaj
"Rest In Peace #SandraBland"
12. Talib Kweli
"We the people ask @LorettaLynch to investigate #SandraBland #KimberleeRandleKing RETWEET "
Signs. Signs. Signs all around us. The Message is Here. #SandraBland
14. Missy Elliot
"When I look at the #SandraBland traffic video it brings so many emotions😳😢😡😡😤!"
15. Jessie J
"God bless your soul Sandra | #sandrabland | Change needs to come |Justice needs to be served | Heart… https://instagram.com/p/5fV79mQ0aw/ "
16. Jackee Harry
"It's time y'all, it's time.." #SandraBland #BlackLivesMatter
"In memory of #SandraBland these things don't make no kinda sense "
18. Holly Robinson Peete
I really don't look forward to having ANOTHER difficult conversation w my kids tonight...but here we go again😧💔 #SandraBland #SayHerName 😢
19. Jeffrey White
Sadly, doesn't matter by whose hand she died. Unjustified arrested set the outcome in motion. The state murdered her. #JusticeForSandraBland
Sandra could have been your mother, sister, aunt, friend or if she wasn't killed the community outreach advisor A&M. #SandraBland
21. Joan Smalls
"My heart is broken. Sending my deepest condolence to her family and friends. May you find Strength, Peace and Justice. When will this stop? #EqualityForAll #RIP #Why #SayHerName
22. Gladys Knight
Sandra Bland.... #SayHerName #SandraBland
23. Cara Delevigne
Things need to change NOW #SANDRABLAND #Justice #Equality
24. Meek Mill
"Rip to that young lady that lost her life about a traffic stop! 🙏 ima make sure I pray for her and her family! 🙏😄😄😄"